PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest LT on Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you here? Honestly, what's your motivation? I'm curious to know.

Really, I thought that Pat's fans would be glad to hear this. I can see now how you may not be happy with what LT said. No offense was intended. Then some things were posted that I took issue with. It is your board, I agree, but I like to participate sometimes to see what the other side thinks. I am not a simple troll. I believe it is cool to have opponents fans participate on Charger boards from time to time and vice versa.

pao

Disagree. Johnson was on the active roster. Belichick said he was "seeing if he could play". If Johnson was that bad off he should have walked off the field and asked to be put on IR. And if he still couldn't play the next year he should have retired. He showed up as a player so Belichick was seeing if he could play.

OK, we can disagree. That's good. You have other threads to discuss this. I'll go check it out and try to stay out of the fray.

pao

OK, this is a good post. There is still alot to be learned about this and I don't know all of the answers either. We'll see. I don't have time to go through the other threads to participate in that conversation. I only came back here to post about LT and what he said. I can see how you would consider it a non apology or insincere. I really didn't come here looking for a fight. See you next season, eh?

pao

and still you already convicted BB and accused Pat fans of condoning his behavior, you seem like the type that will believe the media garbage( not that I am saying TW story is not true) without thinking for your self.

Really, I thought that Pat's fans would be glad to hear this. I can see now how you may not be happy with what LT said. No offense was intended. Then some things were posted that I took issue with. It is your board, I agree, but I like to participate sometimes to see what the other side thinks. I am not a simple troll. I believe it is cool to have opponents fans participate on Charger boards from time to time and vice versa.

pao

Now you're backtracking as bad as LT. Go back and read post number 6 in this thread. That's what people are reacting to. Nobody is reacting to what you posted originally, and you're being disingenuous to suggest that's all you were here to do.

You made your original post, and someone posted something about how LT was backpeddling (didn't attack you or the story you posted in any way) and you took that innocuous statement as an excuse go off about Belichick. That's what it is. You can say you're not a troll, but that's trolling. Are you glad you got it off your chest?

Incidentally, LT WAS backpeddling. That was the whole reason he said anything at all. He wished he didn't say what he said, and he took it back. End of story as far as I'm concerned. The only one trying to EXPAND the story is you. Seriously, read post 6 and the 5 that came before it and if you think you can seriously say, "aw shucks, I'm just here to post a story you might be interested in" then you're delusional.

Last edited:
and still you already convicted BB and accused Pat fans of condoning his behavior, you seem like the type that will believe the media garbage( not that I am saying TW story is not true) without thinking for your self.

Actually you have a good point here. In my first post it does sound like I am condemning Bill B before all of the facts are known and the thing has run it's course. I was wrong to word it that way. In later posts I tried to keep from making absolute statements like that. We'll see how it all turns out. Wasn't Ted Johnson pretty highly thought of by Pat's fans before now? How do you feel about him now? This is not a Trollish question. He is a San Diego boy, I am interested. Perhaps this is the wrong thread, I'll read the others.

pao

Now you're backtracking as bad as LT. Go back and read post number 6 in this thread. That's what people are reacting to. Nobody is reacting to what you posted originally, and you're being disingenuous to suggest that's all you were here to do.

You made your original post, and someone posted something about how LT was backpeddling (didn't attack you or the story you posted in any way) and you took that innocuous statement as an excuse go off about Belichick. That's what it is. You can say you're not a troll, but that's trolling. Are you glad you got it off your chest?

Incidentally, LT WAS backpeddling. That was the whole reason he said anything at all. He wished he didn't say what he said, and he took it back. End of story as far as I'm concerned. The only one trying to EXPAND the story is you. Seriously, read post 6 and the 5 that came before it and if you think you can seriously say, "aw shucks, I'm just here to post a story you might be interested in" then you're delusional.

I guess you missed the part where i said "Then some things were posted that I took issue with". I brought up Bill in response to that. It is related because LT's apology had to do with his comments about Bill B. and his conduct as a head coach. Disingenuous? Delusional? Trollish? Sheesh, are you Oliver Stone?
Your post was well written, something not often seen on discussion boards. Good job.

pao

Typical, ungracious in victory as well as in defeat. Pretty proud of your boy Belichick today are you? I guess it's ok for your boy to pressure a young man into something that ended up causing permanent problems for the rest of his life. Of course Belichick apologists will be out in force today defending blindly, as usual. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out. I'm thinking he'll be OK as long as he keeps winning.

pao

Yes, I can think of no other football coaches at any level that push players to play when they are hurt or say they are hurt.

You obviously know nothing about Football and have never been around the game. Go away.

I guess you missed the part where i said "Then some things were posted that I took issue with". I brought up Bill in response to that. It is related because LT's apology had to do with his comments about Bill B. and his conduct as a head coach. Disingenuous? Delusional? Trollish? Sheesh, are you Oliver Stone?
Your post was well written, something not often seen on discussion boards. Good job.

pao

All three words apply. No, I'm not Oliver Stone. Oliver Stone is a conspiracy theorist. I'm not accusing you of any conspiracy. I'm accusing you of (1) being disingenuous, (2) trolling, and (3) potentially being delusional if you don't understand 1 and 2. What does any of that have to do with Oliver Stone?

1) Disingenuous. Your "all I was doing" posts are disingenuous, as you now apparently admit. Equally disingenuous is your "related" to baloney. It would be no different than if I went on a Chargers' board and posted an innocuous story about Shawne Merriman, waited until I got a mild response, and then went off on him being a steroid head. Then, when a Chargers fan called bullsh*t on me, trying to pretend I was just posting some mild Merriman story that they might be interested in. Disingenuous.

2) Trolling. The act of posting something seemingly innocuous and then waiting for a mild response to post the inflammatory thing you really want to say in the first place. That's what you did. At least assuming you don't go back and edit the first 6 posts of this thread, it's there for all to see. The thing you "took issue" with was the suggestion that LT was backpeddling, which did not justify your escalating the thread in an entirely new direction. Troll.

3) Deluisional. I did not call you delusional. I said if you didn't understand what the problem was, you were delusional. Your most recent post indicates you do, but don't care. So, you're not delusional. You're just a disingenuous troll. Congratulations.

Typical, ungracious in victory as well as in defeat. Pretty proud of your boy Belichick today are you? I guess it's ok for your boy to pressure a young man into something that ended up causing permanent problems for the rest of his life. Of course Belichick apologists will be out in force today defending blindly, as usual. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out. I'm thinking he'll be OK as long as he keeps winning.

pao

Stay classy San Diego!

You know, as I think about it, this word "class" that they all like to use so much... I don't think it means what they think it means.

;)

Oh yeah, he really needs to CYA. NFL Man of the Year despite his statement after the game.

pao

Time Magazine's Man of the Year honorees include both Stalin and Hitler.

I would love it if Bill does the same thing he did to Tom Jackson, after the Pats won their 2nd Super Bowl (Jackson tried to congratulate him...despite earlier in the year saying "The players hate their coach")

"F YOU!"

Typical.

pao

You wouldn't know Ted Johnson if he bumped into you. Before BB even coached here, TJ was likely getting an edge to help him compete. How many players had both biceps rip off the bone? That's 2 "freak" injuries.

Why don't you ask Lyle Alzado how his post career went and whose fault it was.

LT's comments.....can you say "back tracking?" Days after the game he still defended his comments, but now that he actually needs to coexist with BB, he says this. BS, IMO.

Actually you have a good point here. In my first post it does sound like I am condemning Bill B before all of the facts are known and the thing has run it's course. I was wrong to word it that way. In later posts I tried to keep from making absolute statements like that. We'll see how it all turns out. Wasn't Ted Johnson pretty highly thought of by Pat's fans before now? How do you feel about him now? This is not a Trollish question. He is a San Diego boy, I am interested. Perhaps this is the wrong thread, I'll read the others.

pao

San Diego boy? What? He's from Houston. You're a troll. Please. Here's what Belichick did wrong: he behaved like every other NFL coach and asked a player to practice when he shouldn't have.

Now, the fact that this player was pumped up beyond his body frame for many years, was injured for many years, had freak injuries a few times, was once interviewed as saying he'd trade a few years for the chance to play longer in the NFL, had concussions in seasons AFTER this incident when he KNEW he was already in trouble, and just recently talked about returning to the Patriots AFTER Junior Seau went down, all these facts should be taken into account.

One should also realize that players like Andre Waters played for **** Vermeil (a player's coach, supposedly) and Alzado played for John Madden.

Can someone help me out? I haven't been following this all that closely...

....apparently Lawrence Taylor said the Patriots didn't have any class because they copied another player's trademark move?

I hate to say it but LT is right. Copying another's player's trademark IS classless.

Can someone help me out? I haven't been following this all that closely...

....apparently Lawrence Taylor said the Patriots didn't have any class because they copied another player's trademark move?

I hate to say it but LT is right. Copying another's player's trademark IS classless.

:rofl:

so true!

You are an excellent writer. Do you do it for a living?

All three words apply. No, I'm not Oliver Stone. Oliver Stone is a conspiracy theorist. I'm not accusing you of any conspiracy. I'm accusing you of (1) being disingenuous, (2) trolling, and (3) potentially being delusional if you don't understand 1 and 2. What does any of that have to do with Oliver Stone?

Come on you're a smart guy, figure it out. Oliver Stone sees things that just aren't there (we can argue this ad nauseum, but you get the point). Same with you. I posted the LT thing for no other reason than to inform all here of what LT said on a radio station here in San Diego. Read what you want to into it but that was it.

1) Disingenuous. Your "all I was doing" posts are disingenuous, as you now apparently admit. Equally disingenuous is your "related" to baloney. It would be no different than if I went on a Chargers' board and posted an innocuous story about Shawne Merriman, waited until I got a mild response, and then went off on him being a steroid head. Then, when a Chargers fan called bullsh*t on me, trying to pretend I was just posting some mild Merriman story that they might be interested in. Disingenuous.

Bull crap. I admit nothing of the sort. Again, you see things that aren't there. Maybe I was too harsh on poor old Pat's fans and Bill in post number 6 but it was not preplanned. Believe what you want, doesn't change anything on my end.

2) Trolling. The act of posting something seemingly innocuous and then waiting for a mild response to post the inflammatory thing you really want to say in the first place. That's what you did. At least assuming you don't go back and edit the first 6 posts of this thread, it's there for all to see. The thing you "took issue" with was the suggestion that LT was backpeddling, which did not justify your escalating the thread in an entirely new direction. Troll.

I disagree. I, indeed, took issue with the suggestion that LT was backpeddling. My reaction was not preplanned, it just happened. Upon reading posters here (after my post #6) I can see how LT's comments can be interpreted as "backpedaling" from Pat's fans point of you. I posted my understanding of that perception (I guess here that is "backpedaling" or even "delusional"). I believe the direction I took it is justified as it relates to LT and his comments toward Bill B. You obviously don't agree, doesn't make me a troll.

3) Deluisional. I did not call you delusional. I said if you didn't understand what the problem was, you were delusional. Your most recent post indicates you do, but don't care. So, you're not delusional. You're just a disingenuous troll. Congratulations

LOL. Excellent! You are wrong either way but, again, I am impressed with the writing!

pao

I find it funny that LT finished it with the assurance that he will talk to BB, when BB probably has no interest in talking to him whatsoever. It's like me announcing "I'd like everyone to know that I'm lifting my boycott on travelling to the moon!" I'd love to be in that locker room in any case, they could make a network sitcom out of it.

I WAS happy he went back on it though, even just for the vindication from all the guys I've argued with about this.

LT's comments.....can you say "back tracking?" Days after the game he still defended his comments, but now that he actually needs to coexist with BB, he says this. BS, IMO.
This is true. What he said would be a heck of a lot more valid if the whole "spoke in the heat of the moment thing" was actually true. I'd love for him to touch on that, not like it'll happen.

Last edited:
Time Magazine's Man of the Year honorees include both Stalin and Hitler.

Ummm, I think you'll find the elements looked at when selecting these two awards are vastly different. Nice try though.

pao

Last edited:
San Diego boy? What? He's from Houston. You're a troll.

I believe Ted Johnson went to High School here in San Diego County. I could be wrong.

Please. Here's what Belichick did wrong: he behaved like every other NFL coach and asked a player to practice when he shouldn't have.

Doesn't make it right, even if true, I hope it isn't (either this story about Belichick or your assertion that "every other NFL coach" does it).

Now, the fact that this player was pumped up beyond his body frame for many years, was injured for many years, had freak injuries a few times, was once interviewed as saying he'd trade a few years for the chance to play longer in the NFL, had concussions in seasons AFTER this incident when he KNEW he was already in trouble, and just recently talked about returning to the Patriots AFTER Junior Seau went down, all these facts should be taken into account.

These are all good points. We'll see.

One should also realize that players like Andre Waters played for **** Vermeil (a player's coach, supposedly) and Alzado played for John Madden.

You are missing the point. None of these coaches should put pressure on injured players to play. I'm not saying it isn't done, just that it shouldn't be done. Especially if the trainer says no go and the coach pressures the player anyway (if that is what happened). By the way, I don't think Alzado played under Madden and Waters didn't play under Vermeil (not that it really changes anything).

pao

poa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back