Welcome to PatsFans.com

Latest Israeli War Crimes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 6 / -9

I love that Guardian UK section front, Wildo. Count the number of times you read "Israel" and the number of times you read "Hamas". Yet I do note this:

Hamas accused of war crimes in Gaza | World news | guardian.co.uk

Evidently, AI has a somewhat more balanced approach than Guardian UK, although in calling for an independent investigation, they take care only to accuse Hamas of what they already admit. Overall, in fact, I see nothing in the Guardian's coverage that would not be welcomed on a Hamas website.

At any rate, I'll let you and Mav and the usual coterie discuss everything Isael must answer for, at least for this morning. I did read a story in the Post a week or two ago, about IDF soldiers who said they received some very Lt. Calley-like orders, and was certain we'd be back at it eventually.

I do not, however, believe any such state of affairs arose in a vacuum, as implied by the editorial choices the Guardian makes on the matter.

PFnV
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The only news PFnV considers "balanced" is something completely slanted, twisted, and biased in favor of Israel and its PR. PFnV has zero credibility on these issues anymore, he gets even more un-objective the more time goes by.

PFnV: Just keep ignoring the reports coming out from Israeli soldiers themselves, they must also secretly hate Israel to admit truths damaging to the official PR machine. Please continue to discredit anything that counters the Zionist worldview, it really helps your cause.
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

yeah, but the guardian is anything but fair and balanced itself.......

that said, a handful of zionists are at the core of the majority of the worlds problems today
  5. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

"...To speak out about the criminal actions of the Israeli military and state in the western world is to risk being called an Anti-Semite. We are so filled with holocaust guilt that we have been silent while Palestinians are starved, denied medical treatment, live with reduced water and electricity, as they cry over their children who are slaughtered for throwing rocks at a tank. When we fail to speak are we not committing the same crime? Are we not suborning the ghettoes that they are housed in and the inferior education that their children receive?..."

Womanist Musings

Israeli soldiers’ shirts joke about killing Arabs - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

There will never be peace there in our lifetime. It's sad, and tragic, but it's the truth I think. Too much hatred and distrust all over. Too many hands stiring the pot from the outside too boot. Everyone talks about a two state solution, but if people meant it, we'd have seen it happen already. Both sides have blood on their hands, and pointing to one as innocent, and the other as guilty, is ignorant. I hope I'm wrong, but that place will be the same 10 years from now.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

10 Years? Good post, but you need to add zeros.
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,366 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Looks like Israel may have gotten it's point across though. When was the last time anything significant happened in this conflict?
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

This may be your dumbest statement yet. Congrats, Mel Gibson.
  10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 6 / -9

For Mav Gibson: As I said, I read reports regarding the Israeli Soldiers in the Post maybe a week or two ago, and found it pretty chilling.

For the OP: No, I don't think the Guardian is doing a balanced job, per my own post (you know, the one with my words in it.)

Regarding whether Israel got its point across: Partially. Part of the "no bad Hamas news" blackout has been an utter disregard for the sporadic shelling that continued after the invasion, albeit at lower intensity. No doubt it is always justified a priori, and no doubt it is evidence of the failure of Israel's policy. It is, however, a fact -- just not an important one, as it involves the safety of Israelis.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled lynch mob. Tanked, I see you have strong opinions regarding "most of the problems in the world," or whatever your phrase is. I am not surprised that the acumen and grasp of issues you show elsewhere on this forum is replicated in the opinion you expose here.

PFnV
  11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Wildo, Mav you two continue this never ending assualt on Isreal. Both of you must be pretty young, nor students of history. I'm not sticking up for everything Isreal has done, far from it. I think there have been many times that they have used excesive force, have commited war crimes,and have generally treated the Palestinians poorly. I think Ariel Sharon was a war criminal, but i'm old enough to remember most of these things. The land in question was NEVER a Palestinian country, both Jews and Palestinians occupied the same piece terratory. In 1947-48 they (the Palestinians) were given a chance to have their own country,the land would be divided in half, they turned the offer down. Aside from that theres this.

The six day war: The Six-Day War of June 5-10, 1967 was a war between Israel and the armies of the neighboring states of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. In Arabic, the war is called (Arabic: حرب الأيام الستة‎, Ḥarb al‑Ayyam as‑Sitta or more commonly Arabic: حرب 1967‎, Ḥarb 1967. In Hebrew: מלחמת ששת הימים‎, Milhemet Sheshet Ha‑Yamim). It is also known as the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, the Third Arab-Israeli War, Six Days' War, an‑Naksah (The Setback), or the June War. The nations of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria also contributed troops and arms to the Arab forces.[6]

Egypt's president Nasser expelled the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) from the Sinai Peninsula in May 1967.[7] Nasser knew that the Soviet claims were false, but used them as a pretext to evict the peacekeeping force that had been stationed there since 1957, following a British-French-Israeli invasion which was launched during the Suez Crisis.[8] Egypt amassed 1,000 tanks and nearly 100,000 soldiers on the Israeli border[9] and closed the Straits of Tiran to all ships flying Israeli flags or carrying strategic materials, receiving strong ......

I woke up one morning in 1972 an turned on the tv to watch the olympics. What i got was the PLO holding about 12 Israely athleats hostage, only later to kill them.

Then there was the Yom Kippur war 1974 wich was a sneak attack by Egypt
    and a few other Arab countries:

Fourth Arab-Israeli War, was fought from October 6 to October 26, 1973 by a coalition of Arab states led by Egypt and Syria against Israel. The war began with a surprise joint attack by Egypt and Syria on Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement. Egypt and Syria crossed the cease-fire lines Golan Heights, respectively, which had been captured by Israel in 1967 during the Six-Day War.[10]

1976 Can you say Entebbe...Entebbe is perhaps best known to Europeans as the home of Entebbe International Airport, the main international airport of Uganda, which was started in 1947. The Entebbe airport was the scene of one of the most daring counter-terrorism operations in history when soldiers from an elite unit of the Israeli army freed over 100 hostages following a hijacking by a group of Palestinian and German terrorists
    Then lets fast foward to the Ninties suicide bombing after suicide bombings of bus's, disco's, pizza parlors etc.

Continual attacks on civilian homes killing men, women, and children near the border.

The war in '06 Hamas kidnaps an Israely solder or two, if you don't remember, thats what started this conflict it escalated into a bruttal exchange of rockets and bombs..... I think Israel went to far in The Entebbe airport was the scene of one of the most daring counter-terrorism operations in history when soldiers from an elite unit of the Israeli army freed over 100 hostages following a hijacking by a group of Palestinian and German its bombing like they did recently, but then again Hamas/Hezbollah started it and cowardly hides behind women and children. By placing their rockets near Mosques, stores, and homes. This tactic obviously works well in garnering sympathy when the Israelies strike back ....So before you go crying about Israely "war crimes" take the time to step back and get some perspective as to where this all started, and what Israel went through over the years.
    Yes Israel has commited war crimes, but the other side isn't exactly blamless. Its still a crime even if your not wearing a uniform.

As far as world domination I remember what an old teacher said in HS "look at the people on wall street, their mostly White Anglo Saxon Protistants"
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  12. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Seriously, I've noted before how I feel PFnV is usually the point of reason, but he get's totally unglued when it comes to any criticism of Isreal.
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Those are "your" people, enjoy. They for now rule this country. Be careful of what you wanted, because now you have it. To bad you were warned.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Actually I think Tanked is one of your guys (the know nothing Party).
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

My bad, I meant to say 100. Doh!
  16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I never did until the last few years..........my GF is jewish so I understand the the issue and that the roots go back far beyond 1948.......the idea became a christian fancy somewhere around the time the pilgrims came to plymouth......

you'd be suprised what I know about the issue and don't allow yourself to sound so stupid in making assumptions based on one sentence......right now you're one rung above the guy who called me Mel Gibson

I just want to know why so many of you are so afraid of facts?
  17. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Haha nice reference.
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

dude, this morning I crapped out more knowledge on this issue than you will ever have
  19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I hear smart people like to brag about how much knowledge they excrete.:singing:
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  20. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

took you 2 tries to get that post done......real genius