Welcome to PatsFans.com

Latest from New Hampshire polls re Primary: Hillary LOSES lead (!!)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hillary loses lead, now in a dead heat with Barack. Romney cruising.

[size=+1]Poll: Clinton Loses Lead, Romney Out In Front[/size]

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A new poll shows that while the frontrunner for the Republican nomination for president holds a comfortable lead in New Hampshire, the Democratic race has tightened dramatically.

According to the latest WMUR/CNN poll, Hillary Clinton's 20-point lead has vanished. She now has 31 percent support, with Barack Obama in a statistical tie at 30 percent. John Edwards is third with 16 percent, and Bill Richardson has slipped slightly to 7 percent.

The poll was conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center over the weekend. Oprah Winfrey held a rally for Obama on Sunday, and it might have given him a bounce, analysts said.

On the Republican side, Mitt Romney is leading with 32 percent support. Rudy Giuliani and John McCain both have 19 percent. Mike Huckabee has climbed slightly to 9 percent, and Ron Paul has 7 percent.

In the end, I think Romney will get the nod. He is the best candidate to up against any of the Dems.

//
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Looks like Oprah carries some gravitas.

//
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Go Obama! Hillary has played to the middle for so long, she's starting to lose Dems.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not good news for Hillary. If she and Bill were planning to come back after a weak showing in Iowa by getting a "slam dunk" in NH, they may be in for a surprise, ... no, a shock:

[size=+2]If Clinton Loses Iowa: Her 'Plan B'[/size]

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton's backup plan if she falters in Iowa can be summed up in two words: New Hampshire.

Clinton's Democratic team is preparing television ads here criticizing Barack Obama's health care plan and working to build what campaigns call a firewall. If the Obama presidential campaign ignites in Iowa, she wants to be ready to cool him off in a state where her organization is strong and her support has proven durable.

This past weekend, the Clinton campaign already had volunteers going door-to-door with fliers criticizing Obama on health care. Possible TV ads to run against him also have been previewed in the state.

Advisers to the New York senator acknowledge there's been uneasiness as Obama has risen in national and several early state polls, including Iowa and New Hampshire. But they insist their master blueprint - emphasizing Clinton's experience, toughness and ability to withstand Republican attacks - remains sound.

//
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -2

Here comes the Clinton machine. Poor Obama. He won't know what hit him.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oprah's got his back. She's got a big audience.

//
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think the winners here in NH will be Romney, for his name recongition and gazillions spent on ads (I get one flyer from him everyday in my mail - yuck), and Hillary. I think that the NH Dems are the moderate types and will go for Hillary's moderate persona (though I don't think that's who she really is).
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think a lot more NH Dems see what you see: she is a phony, manipulative, power-hungry woman. Barack is leagues ahead in the freshness department. He is like an innocent lamb next to her, especially with Bubba standing over her shoulder.

//
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's funny and very true. It's all or nothing for Hillary and Bill. They have the most to lose and I bet they will begin a campaign of bloody hell like you suggest. The onslaught might be a great opportunity for Obama to show his ability to weather a storm with class and composure. It will be interesting.
  10. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I acutally hope you're right. As I've said here before, I don't think I could vote for Obama as I don't agree with probably most of his policies, but I think he's an honest guy who wants the best for our country. I hope he beats her; I loathe that woman.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Billy Blue Dress is getting mad, it won't be long before the "Clinton Hit Men" Zero In On Oboomba & Queen Oprah, a couple of years ago Billy thought all he had to do was bite his lip and look cute for the ladies and his wife would sail right into the white house but suddenly a nightmare happened up pops a Black Kid & Queen Oprah, now every politically correct left wing moonbat loony plus every African American in the country will race to the polls to vote for "Liberalisms Dream Come True" a clean young articulate African American who doesn't speak Ebonics and a Saintly African American Queen Of The Housewives to back him up, so long Clintons and good riddance, we had all we want of you and all your lying, back stabbing, sex sh!t, and silverware stealing.

Get ready everybody, Oboomba is your next President, Queen Oprah will move into the Lincoln Bedroom on Jan 11, 2009, after the show is over and after all the gushing and fawning by the moonbats has died down you better start praying for your country because Islam hasn't forgotten us.

News Today:
    WASHINGTON - Bubba to the rescue!

Alarmed by his wife's slide in the polls and disarray within her backbiting campaign, a beside-himself Bill Clinton has leaped atop the barricades and is furiously plotting a cure - or coup.

"She's in big trouble and he knows it," a top Democratic operative and Hillary Clinton booster told the Daily News.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...12_bill_clinton_to_aid_hillarys_campaign.html
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I agree Hillary's ship has stalled, maybe even hit an ice-berg, but I don't think a Dem president is a slam dunk, either. The Repubs in this race may not be knock-the-socks off Hollywood stars, like Reagan and even cowboy Bush were, but they are pretty solid. Even McCain, Thompson, and Giuliani would be decent as presidents, certainly better than either of the two Dems. In any case, whoever DOES become president, they are absolutely going to need guidance from above to get America in the right direction.

//
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Did you try to write President "Hillarity" ??? :confused:

:rofl:

//
  14. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

NEM I made this point in another thread, but briefly I'm rooting for Hillary since I believe she'll be easier to beat than Obama, charisma can take you a long way.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree - go Obama..!! Because America will never elect a man named Barack Hussein Obama as President.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Barak Hussein Obama...Tee, Hee...that's funny. That's supposed to make us afraid of him because we think he's like Saddam Hussein (notice the name's the SAME!), the "Hitler" of the 21st century, a dark, evil, terrorist who masterminded the 9/11 attacks...tee,hee...I get it:cool:
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

You forgot black.. now you can really demonize him.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

on a side note... can anyone explain why most "conservatives" don't seem to be supporting Ron Paul more? the only true conservative on their side?

is it because they're more closely aligned with pre-emptive, aggressive neocon mentality and unaccountable corporate practice than they're willing to openly admit? ... thought so...
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -2

I'd much prefer to see Obama over Hillary. There are two Dems I would never, ever vote for, and that Hitlery & two-america Edward's. They are the biggest frauds in the entire election, with Romney right behind. I'm not sure I even agree with Obama's views (still not to sure what most of them are), but he's clearly the most honest man in the election, or one of the most honest. I'm just not sure he's ready for the job.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -2

LOL, I didn't see this when I typed my reply to Wistah. I could have saved myself some typing if I did. ;)