PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late Round Gems of the 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
That's easy for me.

Edwin Baker, RB, going to the Bolts late in the draft, seventh round I think. Five feet, 8" tall with a lot of muscle and 4.4 speed.

He came out early. Part of that is that he has a baby child to support.

Watch him make Harrison Smith look like his beetch at 0:58 seconds from 2010. And Smith was a first round player? He is totally owned here.

Edwin Baker vs. Notre Dame (2010) - YouTube

Baker lost his starting job to Le'evon Bell who is a 235+ back with speed and shake'n'bake.

But unlike the reach of Wilson, Baker was at one time a Big Ten first team player.

On a similar note, Dan Pompei of National Football Post has picks who were the best bang for the buck. Juron Criner and George Iloka are mentioned.

Also, that Iloka was the third-rated safety according to scouts Pompei has talked to. Nine best 'bang for the buck' draft picks | National Football Post

Of course, Alfonzo Dennard is also listed:
Alfonzo Dennard by the Patriots, 224th overall. I was not particularly high on Dennard. He was my 12th-ranked cornerback. He ended up being the 31st cornerback selected. Dennard was considered second round worthy going into the season. He had a down year but still was worth of a fourth round pick. He went in the seventh. Score one for Bill Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes