PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late report from the Texan Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptmorgan04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So I first would like to thank NEM for his assistance in getting me tickets to the game. A lot of people get on his case on here, but myself, dad, uncle and good friend of mine that all went to the game truely appreciated his assistance in not just getting us in to the stadium, but GREAT seats. It was the only game I was/will be able to get to all year and couldnt have asked for a better time. typically when I get to a game it is either standing room or upper upper 300 level.
We got to the Razor at 10 with plenty of time for tailgating. Patriots style sausages and much more. Nothing better than sausage and beer at 10 in the morning haha!!!
We were in section 120; 12 rows up in the end zone a little bit to the side that the minutmen are on (it was really cool smelling their smoke everytime they shot their guns). The crowd down by me (speaking of another post on crowd noise) I thought was VERY good. I thought that in my area at least and it seemed throughout the stadium there was as much noise being made as possible given the situation of a known blowout from the first time the Pats scored. There was absolutly no question at any point of the game that the Pats were going to dominate and if people were complaining about the crowd noise at this game that has to be taken into consideration. There were two obnoxious texans fans in my area who were getting ragged on quite a bit. The best part about our seats in the end zone was it seemed like that was were most of the action was all day, with both Faulks long run and Hobbs kickoff return ending on our side. The biggest advantage of the endzone seats is you can really see the holes open up and see things from a different vantage point than on TV (wr routes, all players that are in at the time, and other little things you dont pick up on TV)
Some notes that stood out in my mind from being there and seeing who was in and not in on all the plays and trying to pay particular attention to both C. Jackson and Hobbs. As for Jackson, he was in there at least 12-15 plays I want to say. It seemed he wasnt ever in there on 3rd downs and a lot of the plays he was in there they were running away from him. Not saying he is being used as a decoy (I think you would have to be productive to do that), but just something I noticed. I also am sure on one play he was Bradys first read but he must have either A) been well covered or B) not come out of his break on time because brady checked off and went the opposite side. In the second half when the game was already out of reach there were a few times when he was singled up on the outside and I was wishing (although I knew it wouldnt happen given the score) to hit him on a stop and go route because there was no safety help. Also I have to believe he will be used in the red zone on a fade route before the year is over. if not then there truely is something wrong with him because he has too much physical talent to not be utlized.
As for hobbs, I really didnt notice him in the game a lot in the first half. I think he got a lot more reps in the 2nd half and it looked like he took advantage of his opportunity. On a side note, he was on siruis radio yesterday at about 5pm and gave a very good 15 minute interview. He sounds like he has been drinking a lot of Kool Aid, which is a good thing. I was wondering how he would handle a somewhat demotion on defense and he was saying how important every play is and just typical Patriots talk.

So this is becoming a longwinded rambeling post, but I was so happy to get to a game and the good seats gave me an experience I have never had so wanted to share it with my extended Patriot family! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, on to Jacksonville!

I actually am going to be on my way to Jax this weekend and can only hope the game is as good for me as it was for you! :rocker:

I'm in the minority, but I believe the reporting that indicates Hobbs was replaced by Scott because he just hasn't been as effective with his bum hand. I know what you mean about end zone shots, when I'm doing breakdowns and CBS/FOX/ABCDEFG does a replay using the end zone or overhead cameras it helps me so much not only seeing it from that perspective, but learning to interpolate what happened from standard TV angles. Thanks for the report!

I agree re Hobbs hand and play but also Scott has played reasonably well at CB. He's also a consideration to start against very big, physical wideouts.

Thanks for the post kpt! Not being able to go to the games in person, I so enjoy hearing first hand reports!

Thanks kptmorgan04 !! Great to get some observations that it is impossible to get from TV coverage. Great that it was a good game for you - congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back