PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late night rant..but someone HAD to do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Deus...the Pats do what YOU want and fire Bill Belichick...who is YOUR first choice to replace him?

OK, Deus...the Pats do what YOU want and fire Bill Belichick...who is YOUR first choice to replace him?

Where did I recommend firing Belichick?

Originally Posted by supafly View Post
14-2 last yr, and 5-2 this yr...and he should be dealing with polls that ask if he should be fired? Are you honestly kidding me? It's ridiculous.

Why should he be different from every other coach, especially when most people are questioning his personnel/GM moves rather than his actual coaching?

I must be missing something...it LOOKS like YOU are saying these polls about firing Belichick have merit. How else does one interpret "why should he be different"?

Originally Posted by supafly View Post
14-2 last yr, and 5-2 this yr...and he should be dealing with polls that ask if he should be fired? Are you honestly kidding me? It's ridiculous.

Why should he be different from every other coach, especially when most people are questioning his personnel/GM moves rather than his actual coaching?

I must be missing something...it LOOKS like YOU are saying these polls about firing Belichick have merit. How else does one interpret "why should he be different"?

I'm saying that the idea of Belichick being above having such polls run, and being above the kind of criticism he's taken this week, is ridiculous.

Um hello??!??!? We're patriots fans! If we don't get 3 superbowls every four years then this franchise is a miserable failure in our eyes!!!!

You mean besides the AFC South?

It's certainly comparable to bring up the AFC South with the situation of the Indy Colts, as that was just about the only one that I could think of; but that said, the division itself hasn't exactly been too challenging to them, has it? But giving credit where it's due, you are right as the Colts have won as many division titles as we have here. But in all fairness, when you go back to the Patriot playoff appearances in the mid to late 90's (AFCE), the Indy Colts were nowhere to be found.

Where the Colts have obviously failed is the SB appearances, and most notably and recently, they've shown the world that they were nothing more than a one-man show the whole time. That is something that Belichick proved was quite the opposite here when Brady went down.

As far as questioning belichick, I've already said that I have no problem with that...but not to this degree. To have to deal with all of this recent scrutiny is in my opinion, unfair. As we know, you certainly disagree, and are more than entitled to your respected opinion/thoughts.

If you would agree that a man of his proven caliber and record should be put through the ringer so often and in such an extreme fashion, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots