PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late Day 2 WR: Ethan Kilmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPats

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If any of you watched the Orange Bowl you would know who Ethan Kilmer is. He is a walk-on at PSU who made that spectacular catch just before the half. At first I thought he was just a great story but at yesterday's PSU Pro-Day he stole the show. First he ran 4.38 40 which is pretty fast. He benched 225 lbs 19 times. To compare that to someone better known, Tamba Hali followed suit benching only 18 times. He also had a 41" vertical.

But the best part of this kid is that he is a competitor. He walked on and made the team through his determination then became our leading special teams tackler and gunner. I just think that this kid has Patriot written all over him and with Izzo getting older and the absense of Chatham we really need to start thinking about Special Teams too.

TeamPats said:
If any of you watched the Orange Bowl you would know who Ethan Kilmer is. He is a walk-on at PSU who made that spectacular catch just before the half. At first I thought he was just a great story but at yesterday's PSU Pro-Day he stole the show. First he ran 4.38 40 which is pretty fast. He benched 225 lbs 19 times. To compare that to someone better known, Tamba Hali followed suit benching only 18 times. He also had a 41" vertical.

But the best part of this kid is that he is a competitor. He walked on and made the team through his determination then became our leading special teams tackler and gunner. I just think that this kid has Patriot written all over him and with Izzo getting older and the absense of Chatham we really need to start thinking about Special Teams too.

He has 4.4 speed and they say he has trouble staying healthy...is that true?

Well... the guy was wreckless on Special Teams. So he would get banged up, but before his senior year his only job was as gunner and he was playing to stay on the team so to speak so it's not like they were taking away his playing time as WR. Joe never played him at WR till his senior year where he did admirably, but was overshadowed by the freshman class of Derrick Williams Justin King etc. But in the Orange Bowl I believe he had over a 100 yards receiving, it was not just that one catch. But going back to the injuries, as far as I know he played his entire senior season. But one thing is for certain he def has 4.4 speed as he used to run track.

Not bad at all...and at 6'0"205..not small...maybe a Patriot player in the future..Like it!!

TeamPats said:
the guy was wreckless on Special Teams.

:rofl: I'm not trying to be the spelling police here, I make enough of my own mistakes, but this was just to good to pass up! Wreckless on special teams? Sign this guy up fast, anyone who can't get wrecked on ST's is our kind of guy!!!! :D

According to NFLDraftscout.com, Kilmer also spent time at safety for the Lions after transferring in.

I think he'd be a great 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back