PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last week I rooted for the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Last week I rooted for the Steelers, the Dolphins and the Packers. Only the stupid Dolphins let me down.

This week I'm rooting for the Seahawks (GO DEION!!!!!), the Broncos, the Chiefs (Play to Win, Herm!), the Bills (Show 'em what you can do, Trent - Losman's job is yours for the taking), and the Cardinals (Kurt Warner, create a desert version of the greatest show on turf).

As much as I want the 49ers to lose for a better draft pick i was rooting for the steelers to lose last week because they are one of our biggest compitition.

I am rooting for the cardnals but I don't see them winning this week....

It is funny the difference a year makes this time lat year we were rooting for the 49ers to beat the Hawks, they did twice, now we are rooting for the Hawks to beat the 49ers coul dwe be lucky again and get 2 wins....

Be careful what you wish for!

It is strange when posters care more about future draft picks that this year's Super Bowl. The steelers are the #3 team in the AFC right now. They certainly are a possible playoff contender.

Last edited:

It is strange when posters care more about future draft picks that this year's Super Bowl. The steelers are the #3 team in the AFC right now. They certainly are a possible playoff contender.

Hmmm...well, what difference does it make when we're going 16-0, right??

Last edited:
The coaches and team play one game at a time, and have contingencies for everything. You just say that we will be 16-0, so nothing else matters. I prefer the team's approach.

Hmmm...well, what difference does it make when we're going 16-0, right??

The coaches and team play one game at a time, and have contingencies for everything. You just say that we will be 16-0, so nothing else matters. I prefer the team's approach.

I was only pointing out the ridiculousness of the "16-0" mindset. To think a team could go undefeated in the NFL these days, it's just insane. Yet, the buzz is out there...and thus people are less focused on legit competition (ie, the Steelers) than draft picks for next season.

Last edited:
I was only pointing out the ridiculousness of the "16-0" mindset. To think a team could go undefeated in the NFL these days, it's just insane. Yet, the buzz is out there...and thus people are less focused on legit competition (ie, the Steelers) than draft picks for next season.

New England went on a winning streak of greater than 16 games this decade. To think that it can't be done is simply to be wrong.

And I can win the lottery tomorrow! Of course it can be done; it just isn't very likely.

Try some arithmetic. Even if we had a 90% chance to win each of our games, we still would only have a 25% chance of being undefeated. If one actually assigned probabilities to each of the our games, one would see that our chance of being undefeated are no more than one in a hundred. The best team in history (for a single season) lost one game. But it COULD happen. And I could get hit by lightning this week.

New England went on a winning streak of greater than 16 games this decade. To think that it can't be done is simply to be wrong.

I'd agree generally with this, but in terms of this year, no one is keeping HFA from the Pats - and even if they do, we'll just demolish them in their house, so it really doesn't matter. That is how good this team is.

I would rather drink powdered glass than root for the Steelers. :eek:

We also need to root for the Browns. It already looks like the Cowboys are going to end up with a great pick from Cleveland and I don't like see another strong team get stronger.

It REALLY sucked when the Raiders were able to pull out the win vs Cleveland, it was a double whammy.

Last edited:

First of all, it is strange when other posters are convinced that the Pats cannot beat the Steelers straight up, and pray for other teams to be weak because they think that is the only way the Pats can get into the playoffs.

I am not about to wish for a lousy draft pick in hopes that the Patriots can back into the playoffs. The Patriots can get into the playoffs by taking care of business and winning games.

I believe that to be World Champion, you must be the best team in the world. To that end, they should meet and defeat the next best teams in the playoffs.

The draft pick is next year, and I am rooting for the 49ers to lose as many games as possible so as to get a good pick.

Every December, some folks start praying for a weak playoff opponent. I still remember the fear some posters had in 2004 that the Pats couldn't beat a decent team in the playoffs. "I hope we don't have to play the Steelers in the playoffs. I hope we don't play the Colts."

Blech!

The crowning glory of 2004, besides the SB, was holding the Colts to 3 points and scoring 41 on the Steelers.

That was better than backing into the superbowl by beating the Bills and the Bengals.

Double Blech!

Be honest now. Remember our first SB? Isn't it a greater victory to have defeated the highly favored Rams? Would you really have preferred for the Pats to play a superbowl opponent who really had no business in the playoffs? We beat Kurt Warner and the Greatest Show on Turf!

I rooted for the Steelers last week. I'm rooting for Deion Branch this week, and I'm rooting for whoever plays the 49ers next week.

Second of all, you and Manny-whats-his-name do realize that my rooting for the Steelers will have no effect on whether they win or not, right? That teams will make the playoffs or not make the playoffs regardless of who I root for?

Normally I would hope for the Steelers to lose all their games. Not because I'm afraid the Pats can't beat them in the playoffs, but because I want them to be humiliated. But I would rather have them win one particular inter-conference game because it results in a better draft pick for us. So sue me.

If you want to root for scumbag Branch and the hags, have a good time.

Personally, I root for the patriots, and don't worry about other teams, unless the division is at issue) not at all this year), or unless home field advantage is at issue. If you don't care about homne field, I can understand.

First of all, it is strange when other posters are convinced that the Pats cannot beat the Steelers straight up, and pray for other teams to be weak because they think that is the only way the Pats can get into the playoffs.

I am not about to wish for a lousy draft pick in hopes that the Patriots can back into the playoffs. The Patriots can get into the playoffs by taking care of business and winning games.

I believe that to be World Champion, you must be the best team in the world. To that end, they should meet and defeat the next best teams in the playoffs.

The draft pick is next year, and I am rooting for the 49ers to lose as many games as possible so as to get a good pick.

Every December, some folks start praying for a weak playoff opponent. I still remember the fear some posters had in 2004 that the Pats couldn't beat a decent team in the playoffs. "I hope we don't have to play the Steelers in the playoffs. I hope we don't play the Colts."

Blech!

The crowning glory of 2004, besides the SB, was holding the Colts to 3 points and scoring 41 on the Steelers.

That was better than backing into the superbowl by beating the Bills and the Bengals.

Double Blech!

Be honest now. Remember our first SB? Isn't it a greater victory to have defeated the highly favored Rams? Would you really have preferred for the Pats to play a superbowl opponent who really had no business in the playoffs? We beat Kurt Warner and the Greatest Show on Turf!

I rooted for the Steelers last week. I'm rooting for Deion Branch this week, and I'm rooting for whoever plays the 49ers next week.

Second of all, you and Manny-whats-his-name do realize that my rooting for the Steelers will have no effect on whether they win or not, right? That teams will make the playoffs or not make the playoffs regardless of who I root for?

Normally I would hope for the Steelers to lose all their games. Not because I'm afraid the Pats can't beat them in the playoffs, but because I want them to be humiliated. But I would rather have them win one particular inter-conference game because it results in a better draft pick for us. So sue me.

If you want to root for scumbag Branch and the hags, have a good time.

Personally, I root for the patriots, and don't worry about other teams, unless the division is at issue) not at all this year), or unless home field advantage is at issue. If you don't care about homne field, I can understand.
??? I certainly care about home field advantage, but don't see it as tied to the 49ers beating the Seahawks.

Don't worry. The Pats can get home field advantage by playing better than the teams they face. And if the 49ers lose a bunch a games we get a good draft pick. The two aren't related.

Have faith in our team, brother.

Go Deion! Go Matt! Go Shaun!

ok so

49ers lose,
Steelers lose,
Whales vaginas lose,
:D

The NEP have not yet won a SB without at least a first-round bye.

Whatever team(s) can help us arrive at that destination, then that's the team(s) for whom I root - this week.

This year, I'll be rooting against the 49ers, so I can listen to Baddell say,
"With the 14th pick of the 2008 Draft, the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots select..."

And of course, I always root for whoever is playing against the dolts.

Heck, if they can help us secure a bye, then I'll root for the R-A-T-S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes