PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last snow game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a November game played in snow two or three years ago. Not a huge storm but enough. That's the most recent one I remember.

Edit: just looked it up but I think it had stopped or was barely snowing by game start.

Snow covers Foxborough before Broncos-Patriots

I was there for that game in big snow storm at Chicago too. That game was a blast. Branch had that big score when no one covered him and the game was over in the first half.
Yes! It threw everyone off, there was only a good 10-20 seconds left.

Yes, great play right before halftime. If you recall on the play before they ran a running play to Danny Woodhead that looked to everyone to be a "let's call it a half and get to the locker room type of play". Only the Pats regrouped and threw the deep one to Branch down the sideline for a score that surprised everyone.

I was fortunate enough to go to one of those Speaker Series events with Deion Branch a few years ago (must've been 2011 or 2012). Anyway, I asked him about that play, and he mentioned that he had been in Brady's ear during the entire first half about how the DBs were cheating up and that he could expose them. On that last play of the half Branch said they didn't even talk about it, he said Brady just 'gave him the look' and he knew to go deep.
I love stories like that. Branch and Brady had a special connection they often ran plays without speaking.

Those guest lectures are great I've seen a few. Caught Scar, Caserio, Ninko and Chandler, Tippett, and think one with a few writers Reiss included.

When was the game that they had to shovel the snow off the seats and really didn't have much of anywhere to put it?
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think you may be referring to the early 2000s game against Miami in which Bruschi intercepted and scored a TD sliding into the end zone. The fans responded by throwing snow up in the air and it looked like it was snowing harder in the twilight. Surreal moment.

Snow on Christmas Eve would be great this year.

Where's the Seinfeld reference? Unless this one went over my head.

You're right... I failed. I will say this though, if you do go to any snow games this season, DO NOT wear suede.

(On my phone, my thumb hit the disagree button on your post, and I just spent a good 30 seconds trying to figure out why someone would disagree... then I realized it was me.)

Bill should have let Brady throw 10 TD's in that game against the Titans.

Bill should have let Brady throw 10 TD's in that game against the Titans.

Why? I understand the hate for Jeff Fisher but the Titans as a team register a 0 on the hate scale to me. Plus, Brady played 1 series in the third quarter of that game to make way for Brian Hoyer who ate up 7 minutes and scored. They had pretty much called off the dogs after that.

What really got me watching this game back though: a rare Stephen Gostkowski miss. It's like seeing the Lock Ness Monster. ;)

When was the last time they had a run of home game in December? Seems like goodell has outlawed the pats finishing at home

Why? I understand the hate for Jeff Fisher but the Titans as a team register a 0 on the hate scale to me. Plus, Brady played 1 series in the third quarter of that game to make way for Brian Hoyer who ate up 7 minutes and scored. They had pretty much called off the dogs after that.

What really got me watching this game back though: a rare Stephen Gostkowski miss. It's like seeing the Lock Ness Monster. ;)
Or like seeing an extra point in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey