PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last snow game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I was just thinking, when was the last time there was a game IN New England that involved snowing during the game? Seems like they haven't been as frequent the last five years. The last one I can remember at the moment was the Bears game in 2010.

The snow game in 2010 was in Chicago.

Last one in New England was Oct 2009 against the Titans,
59-0

Wasnt it snowing in the 59-0 game vs Ten?
That was in 09 before the 10 game vs. Chicago.

EDIT: never mind didn't realize the game wasn't in Chi town..

Mother Nature has a due for one. Preferably against Seattle this year would be nice.

The snow game in 2010 was in Chicago.

Last one in New England was Oct 2009 against the Titans,
59-0
Really? I guess he snow made me forget that. My mistake. So it really was the 09 game wow.

There was a November game played in snow two or three years ago. Not a huge storm but enough. That's the most recent one I remember.

Edit: just looked it up but I think it had stopped or was barely snowing by game start.

Snow covers Foxborough before Broncos-Patriots

I was there for that game in big snow storm at Chicago too. That game was a blast. Branch had that big score when no one covered him and the game was over in the first half.

Last edited:
Wasnt it snowing in the 59-0 game vs Ten?

That game was weird and fun to watch at the same time. Seemed like Foxboro was the only place that got all that snow. Then it stopped afterwards. Tits didn't know what they were in for.

There was a November game played in snow two or three years ago. Not a huge storm but enough. That's the most recent one I remember.

I was there for that game in big snow storm at Chicago too. That game was a blast. Branch had that big score when no one covered him and the game was over in the first half.

Yes, great play right before halftime. If you recall on the play before they ran a running play to Danny Woodhead that looked to everyone to be a "let's call it a half and get to the locker room type of play". Only the Pats regrouped and threw the deep one to Branch down the sideline for a score that surprised everyone.

I was fortunate enough to go to one of those Speaker Series events with Deion Branch a few years ago (must've been 2011 or 2012). Anyway, I asked him about that play, and he mentioned that he had been in Brady's ear during the entire first half about how the DBs were cheating up and that he could expose them. On that last play of the half Branch said they didn't even talk about it, he said Brady just 'gave him the look' and he knew to go deep.

That game was weird and fun to watch at the same time. Seemed like Foxboro was the only place that got all that snow. Then it stopped afterwards. Tits didn't know what they were in for.

I watched that game at the Tiki Bar in Ft. Myers Beach. It's a large, semi-outdoors place with loads of TVs and the NFL Sunday Ticket. It was mobbed, as it always is, with hillbillies from Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, etc. and they were going absolutely bug f### and pissed off watching the Pats. I just grinned and kept ordering Bud Lights. It was a beautiful afternoon.

That was the game that Brady set the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a quarter (5).

When was the game that they had to shovel the snow off the seats and really didn't have much of anywhere to put it?

When was the game that they had to shovel the snow off the seats and really didn't have much of anywhere to put it?

Pretty sure that was the Arizona game in 2008.

That was the game that Brady set the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a quarter (5).

My all time favorite Belichick quote came in the post-game press conference of that game: “When you play well better things happen than when you don't."

Last snow game in baseball or football? :) Sorry, I'll read the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back