PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last night's game made me long for the early Belichick years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say I didn't like the players. I like Mayo. I like Mayo a lot, but the Pats have changed their philosophy on defense and I don't know if it is for the better.

It was necessitated by the league becoming a "do not molest the receivers" league. All you can do now is run with them and hope that you are in the proper position.

Considering we haven't played the 4-3 yet in the regular season. So are you shocked that Burgess would play DE when you have been harping that he has played DE in 4-3 since he was acquired? Thomas has played DE in the 4-3 with Baltimore because they went away from the 3-4 for a time and did do a hybrid 4-3/3-4 for a while. TBC hasn't, but he could.

So no, I am talking there will be times in a straight 4-3 where one or two of these guys could be lining up in the 4-3. Two of the three have had experience at the position.
You said
When the Pats are in a 4-3 and TBC, AD, and Burgess play DE

I took that to mean you felt their position if we played 43 was DE. Burgess if course would be.
I have not said Burgess has played DE in the 43, I have said he was a DE in the nickel and dime.
It seems that every time we have this discussion, you are calling any D with 4 DL a 43. The nickel and dime are not a 43. Thats why it is important to distinguish. Our 34 OLBs line up as DEs in the nickel and dime. That does not constitute playing both 43 and 34 however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots