Welcome to PatsFans.com

Last home game as a Patriots for...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by cstjohn17, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Sad to say, this may be the last home game for a couple of legends. Who is playing their last game home game on Sunday?

My guesses, Bruschi, Seau, Troy Brown all retire. 80 & 54, what a sad day.

Stallworth and Washington are released.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  2. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Tedy Bruschi
    Junior Seau
    Troy Brown
    Asante Samuel
  3. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

yup, I agree with this.

TB and TB will be especially sucky to see them go, but I want them to go. It's time to move on to the next challenge in their lives/careers.

True Patriots....
  4. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sorry, just can't bring myself to think about this! I'm going to wallow in this unbelieveble season as long as possible!!!
  5. RobAllan

RobAllan Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I hadn't really given this any thought at all. But you're right-- any of these guys might be gone after the year. It's sad-- especially them being part of this team this year.

Man... Brown and Bruschi. Talk about lifers for our team...

Well, if this is their last game at home it'll be sweet. And maybe Bruschi makes one more run... I do think strongly that Brown is probably done.

I love all those guys. In the non-creepy way.
  6. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll think about this tomorrow. After all tomorrow is another day. :)
  7. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If the Pats get to play the Packers, it will be great shot at redemption for Bruschi and Brown (not to mention Belichick, our DC in '96), plus AZ is Tedy's backyard - I just hope he doesn't make a big deal about it like Bettis did in Detroit.

Personally, I can't wait to see the offense in a controlled climate again :D
  8. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bruschi comes back for one more, especially if we're bringing in a young ILB in the draft who he can help guide along.

As for Brown.. I can't imagine this is the way he wants to go out, but also don't know if he has anything left. If Stallworth is not on the team next year, I'd have to believe there'd be a spot for TB somewhere down the depth chart at WR if he wanted one more go. Maybe that's just what I hope will happen.

If we're up big, and you see Troy out on the field on the last series, then I think you'll know.
  9. BradyisGod

BradyisGod Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Nice positive thread. Jesus this board sucks.
  10. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

What's wrong with it? These are players (especially in Tedy and TB's cases) who have been with the team for a long while. If they're really going to retire (and we can only speculate at this point) than it's not unreasonable to want to give them their due before what would be indeed their last game at the Razor.
  11. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I think this is a great thread. Fans who are at the game should be even louder and more vocal in recognition of these players and what they've accomplished this year and in the past.

I think Bruschi and Rodney will be back. We can't make assumptions about Asante or Stallworth.

This is almost definitely Seau's last year. And Washington will move on as well.... I've become really fond of Washington this year. He is like a god on special teams. Like Larry Izzo with athletic ability.
  12. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sounds like they have something to play for! :rocker:
  13. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +217 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

I don't think so. I'd actually bet that both are back next year. Washington's the best STer I've seen since Steve Tasker. His cap hit isn't ridiculous. Stallworth needs to be back.. by the by, I think he has a huge game this weekend.
  14. patsfan209

patsfan209 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like others here, if the Pats make it to Arizona and win it, Bruschi will likely retire... I love Tedy and he's one of my favorite players, but lets not forget he isn't quite the same since his stroke. It would be a great way to leave the sport as a champion for the 4th time.

Seau is a 99% lock to retire in my eye.

I wouldn't discount Rodney though... he had a lot of wear and tear the last three years, and retirement must be in his thoughts as well.

BB was not our DC in '96. He was assistant HC and DBs coach that year. (Al Groh was our DC at that time FYI.)
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  15. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yes, I agree with this.

Stall can probably be convinced to renegotiate his contract (the cap influence, at least!). Like Moss, he doubtless knows what butters his bread, and realizes that if he goes any place else, it'll never in a million years be like this.

Indeed, he must realize that this year far exceeded any thoughts he had about how things would unfold for him on this team.

No, they both stay.

Moss, too!:rocker:
  16. TedyB54

TedyB54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If Troy and Tedy do retire, that would mean they had their entire NFL career with just the Patriots. I'm trying to think who was the last Patriot who had their whole NFL career with the Pats......was it Ted Johnson? Any others that come to mind?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.