PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last 3 in 2014...

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

You used the phrase "within one play" point in your post. I even bolded it and noted specifically what I was responding to ("Regarding the bolded") with my line about the blow out.

Yes, which is a fact.

And the pass rush philosophy is probably what cost the team a win.

I simply disagree. If they play Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I want a similar gameplan with better execution, not a radically different gameplan.

Yes, this is when Parcells used to try and find tapes of players on teams that were out of the hunt. He wanted to see how they performed in "meaningless" games. A lot of these Jets should be playing hard, they are building their resume as is Rex. I would be very surprised if they mailed it in.

As I say I think we will be in good shape from here on out but that Jets game may be dicey. There is a lot of danger in motivation, that is how we frequently get beat by teams who are inferior in talent to us, IMHO...:)
Yeah, your line of thinking is what I agree with more in this case. The Jets and Patriots despise one another. I remember reading both Willie Mac and Bruschi talk about how the atmosphere was always different during Jets week. No matter the records of each team, they both always wanted to win "this one." I don't think it'll be any different when these teams meet. I also think the two coaches have too much genuine respect for one another and are too competitive to not have their teams ready for this one.

Last edited:
Yes, which is a fact.

I simply disagree. If they play Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I want a similar gameplan with better execution, not a radically different gameplan.

Add Jones and Siliga and I think you'll get what you ask for.

If Brady is healthy, Garoppolo has a better chance of wooing away Gisele than he does of starting. :p
Why do you say that? I can't remember if he started, he might not have, but Matt Cassel certainly played most of the season ender against Miami in 2005.

Yes, which is a fact.

My response was fact, too.

Giving a top QB 5+ seconds to complete passes = losses, far more often than not.

We've seen it time and again. It's a stupid plan.

My response was fact, too.

Giving a top QB 5+ seconds to complete passes = losses, far more often than not.

We've seen it time and again. It's a stupid plan.

And yet it resulted in the fewest points allowed to the Packers on their home turf all season. Perhaps there's simply no good way to defend them in their house, and you have to do what you can. In this case, it was enough to win if the offense does what it typically does (instead of slightly below what typically does). But until a team puts together a better gameplan to stop him, I'll stick with those results. We just disagree on this.

Yeah, the patriots are by far better than every team left on their schedule. Losing ANY one of the last 3 will be considered a choke job in my eyes. You are playing for home field throughout the playoffs. Go out there and get the job done, no excuses.

3 wins and we will have HCA throughout the Playoffs! This is what we want since the season started! Let's get it!

Miami. They're the most talented team and they just lost a tough one at home. The defense will probably feature a lot of soft zone looks since that's the (terrified) way in which we play mobile quarterbacks. This should be a tough, but still winnable game. After that, Buffalo then the Jets.

I would probably have the exact same order, Kontra.

We all know that they should be able to win the next 3, but I never take a divisional game for granted.

MIA will be hungry with their last ditch effort to try and stay alive in the postseason race.

Hopefully Jones will play soon. That bills game in week 17 makes me a little nervous, seems like it could be a trap game with the pats looking to the playoffs

I agree..if not..then from SB till training camp feels like years

Maybe even decades--especially when the season ends badly.

I agree. The season always takes so long to get here, then flies by like it's nothing.

Hopefully Jones will play soon. That bills game in week 17 makes me a little nervous, seems like it could be a trap game with the pats looking to the playoffs

If the Pats beat the Dolphins and Jets and the Broncos lose to either the Chargers or Bengals, the Bills game is irrelevant. The Pats will have locked up HFA by that game and most likely pull Brady after a few series or the half.

If the Pats beat the Dolphins and Jets and the Broncos lose to either the Chargers or Bengals, the Bills game is irrelevant. The Pats will have locked up HFA by that game and most likely pull Brady after a few series or the half.

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm glad that someone else either has insomnia like me, or is choosing to start their day at the crack ass of dawn ;)

It is the last game of the season, away from home for a team that will have no shot at a playoff game. I doubt that their players will go full power and risk a big injury in a meaningless game. Especially, if we start strong.

I would be more worried if the Bills game was this Sunday while they are theoretically still in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back