PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lashawn Ward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
One of the papers this morning added this new name to the 3 other receivers that we had in last week - I couldn't find anything on him, anybody heard about this guy?

bosfan said:
One of the papers this morning added this new name to the 3 other receivers that we had in last week - I couldn't find anything on him, anybody heard about this guy?

you were probably having a tough time finding info on him if they spelled his name "Lashawn". It's Leshaun Ward, DB turned WR in college with Cal Golden Bears (who coincidentally handed the Ducks their ass last night) and spent some time in NFL Europe for the Cowboys. Released by Parcells on August 28th. I don't know any more than that.

I personally never heard of him, but my google search came up this:

Lashawn Ward, Harper, WR/DB, 5-10, 165. This came from a prep-football season primer for the Chicago Tribune.

Why would they bring in a kid that never played college ball?

robertweathers said:
I personally never heard of him, but my google search came up this:

Lashawn Ward, Harper, WR/DB, 5-10, 165. This came from a prep-football season primer for the Chicago Tribune.

Why would they bring in a kid that never played college ball?

He played for Cal. You went too far back into his past.

desi-patsfan said:
He played for Cal. You went too far back into his past.

I think he has a different dude. This guy was in the Chiefs camp in '03 (with monty beisel) NFLE in '04, and recently released by the Cowboys.

2. Wide receiver: On the outside, Parcells remains calm regarding Terrell Owens' health. But if it's true that actions speak louder than words, then he's pretty darn worried. The Cowboys appear so desperate for receivers that they signed the former California Golden Bear Leshaun Ward, who has only played one NFL game in three years. They have also worked out ex-Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell, and are actively looking to make a trade.
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/08/cowboys_offense_still_has_plen.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye