Welcome to PatsFans.com

LA's boycott resolution sparks a threat over power the city receives from Arizona

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, May 19, 2010.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

Cut the ******* power ASAP! I absolutely pray that Arizona gives LA the finger, and cuts the power they supply them. Want to boycutt us, no problem! Better yet, if LA is boycotting AZ, why aren't they disconnecting the plug themselves? Cuz they're frauds is why.

Power Play Over Immigration Law

LA's boycott resolution sparks a threat over power the city receives from Arizona

Here's part Arizona Corporation Commission member Gary Pierce's letter to the mayor:

If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation.

I am confident that Arizona’s utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands. If, however, you find that the City Council lacks the strength of its convictions to turn off the lights in Los Angeles and boycott Arizona power, please reconsider the wisdom of attempting to harm Arizona’s economy.

Mayor Villaraigosa is in Washington D.C., meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, but his deputy chief of staff issued the following statement: "The mayor stands strongly behind the city council and he will not respond to threats from the state that has isolated itself from an America that values freedom, liberty and basic civil rights."

Power Play Over Immigration Law | NBC Los Angeles
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this would be a fantastic response to the boycott. And if L.A. had any principles, they would have already included the power they receive as part of the boycott. But instead they are a bunch of hypocrites, they only want a one-way boycott.
  3. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wait, so LA is accusing someone else of distancing themselves from the rest of America? They do know what the rest of America thinks of California right?
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -26

Good, now we can start a civil war over power...

Not sure you can do this, as power is part of a grid.. but who cares do it anyways, some will feel good about it.. or maybe they can stop their power to anyhome with a spanish surname.. that would be a great answer.
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I know. :cool:
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

So where was your criticism of all those who've moved to boycott Arizona over it's own law? It's funny how people boycott AZ, there's not a peep about it, but when AZ responds in kind, it's the start of a civil war. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +461 / 6 / -7

Dumb move by LA's City Council, but frankly I doubt anything comes of this.
  8. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I agree with you and I agree with what AZ's doing, what's a little scary though is the fact it deals with a power supply...I hope MA has it's own, jussayin:eek:
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

I'm pretty sure most of what "the rest of America" thinks of California has little basis in fact...

and if they really have issues with the state, I'm sure they'll have no problems not buying food or other products and services from California companies, taking vacations here, watching the TV shows and movies that are produced here, etc.

Personally, I think the boycott thing is pretty ridiculous, though. But it's to be expected -- it's politics and, more specifically, a Latino politician pandering to a large Latino community in his city and the surrounding areas.
  10. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's already been brewing down there over the Colorado River, this is just another outlet to vent their fights.

California vs. Arizona vs. Nevada vs. Colorado four way battle royale!
  11. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But if stereotypes were only facts, they wouldn't spread near as fast nor be as fun to help propagate!
    Anyway, as soon as LA figures out how to turn smog in to an energy source they'll never need Arizona power again! (See! That was fun!)
    But I agree 100% that it's just a guy ensuring that he has votes to keep him in power. He might care a little, but not near as much as he's making it out.
    Last edited: May 20, 2010