PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Ridley: Zach Thomas visiting Pats on Sunday [UPDATE: Reiss: It's Monday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per Ridley's "sources" (which, although Ridley is relatively new on the Boston scene, have been pretty good) on 7News at 11 Saturday night.

He also says the Pats are considered favorites to land Thomas.

Re: Larry Ridley: Zach Thomas visiting Pats on Sunday

Good stuff. :rocker:

Per Ridley's "sources" (which, although Ridley is relatively new on the Boston scene, have been pretty good) on 7News at 11 Saturday night.

He also says the Pats are considered favorites to land Thomas.

so you think this is a good pickup or what?

Zach (and his boy Taylor) have wanted to play for the Pats for years now. He will take less money to play here and IMO, he can still play.

Last edited:

so you think this is a good pickup or what?

Well, let's not count our chickens before they hatch. But if the Pats determine tomorrow that Thomas is healthy enough to play, then sure. As TJ said to Reiss during the week, Zach is a little undersized for a 3-4 ILB in terms of taking on guards, but his will to win and overall skills are undeniable.

if he is healthy BB will find a spot for him .Especially if bruschi and seau come back it helps our rotation a bit. Plus he is a respected player in the league a good locker room presence which helps our PR a bit which we can use.

I am really looking forward to some potentially good news.

I'd rather have Jason Talyor

I'd rather have Tom Sizemore.

I'd prefer to get younger at this spot. A fresh body as part of a rotation is great, but when you have Seau, who just had his first healthy season in years, Bru, who seemd to wear down a bit, and Zack Thomas, coming off of a season with concusion-related issues, I would be a bit concerned.

That being said, in BB I trust. Thomas has proven himself to be the consumate professional, a game changer at one time, and certainly a more than capable player at this stage of his career when healthy.

I'd prefer to get younger at this spot. A fresh body as part of a rotation is great, but when you have Seau, who just had his first healthy season in years, Bru, who seemd to wear down a bit, and Zack Thomas, coming off of a season with concusion-related issues, I would be a bit concerned.

On the other hand, if his head is OK, his body should be in good shape from almost an entire season off.

I hope we sign him up.

I'd rather have Tom Sizemore.

I'd rather have Adriana Lima.

That being said, in BB I trust. Thomas has proven himself to be the consumate professional, a game changer at one time, and certainly a more than capable player at this stage of his career when healthy.

In BB we Trust, you got it right. BB says hes a good fit, or any player for that matter...we should be excited. Id love to see Zach in NE, so he too can finally get a chance at a ring and be on a winning team.

I really don't want another old, oft-injured MLB. let's get serious and get some fresh legs in there. This notion of "MLB by committee of old guys" concept has to go. Especially when this guy is too small to have ever worked in Pats scheme anyway.

Let's pass on this.

Good pickup ... only veterans can play LB here ... there will be some every year and this year it's Zach ... let's hope.

I'm baffled how this helps us.

You really think that Thomas is not an upgrade over Lua?

I'm baffled how this helps us.

You really think that Thomas is not an upgrade over Lua?

He probably would be........ as long as he can count to ten if he gets his bell rung again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes