PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

''Larry Johnson vs LaDainian Tomlinson [06]''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Who do you all think is going to have the better season next year?LJ or LT.I''ll take Larry Johnson in a heart beat.This dude kicked some Ass the last 9 games of the season.Priest Holmes lost his job.I hope Corey Dillion get back to running the way he did in the 2004-2005 season.

Last edited:
Definitely LT. The Chiefs are going to suck real bad next year with Herm and without Saunders.

What about the Chargers and River's 1st year starting.They aren't going to be that great as well.KC is the biggest threat to Denver in that division.

Remember when LT was the RB and he had 100 catches... it's going to happen again. LT was ridiculous before Brees & Gates were even above average, and back when their #1 WR was none other than Reche Caldwell.

LT is ridiculously good and works within a worse offense. Put LT behind that KC OL last year and he breaks the NFL single season rushing record. The man always falls forward, always uses his leverage to fight for everything, and is in the upper echelon of recieving RBs in the NFL.

LJ is good, but lets wait until he plays a full season before inducting him into the HoF ok ?

I'm taking LT, and here's why. With Rivers starting, they're going to need LT throwing a few more of those touchdown tosses.

Last year he was 3/4 for 3 TDs, a QB rating of 153.1. ;)

Obviously I'm joking. But LT isn't just a stud. He is clutch too. Think the Redskins OT game for example. 1 attempt, 41 yards, touchdown.

Here's the other thing. If Larry Johnson's in the game, the teams were automatically reading it as a running down. With LT, not only do you have to respect the run, but you have to have someone suitable to cover LT if the play is a pass. You don't really want to leave a linebacker on him - in short, he creates serious matchup problems for the defence. (Although having looked this up, LJ was 33 receptions for 343 yards, LT, 51 for 370). Regardless, LT can block a bit too. The knock on LJ was that he couldn't.

LJ will put up stud numbers next year behind what will still be an excellent KC line, but LT is about as close to a 'franchise' running back as you can get. He can run, catch ... and throw ;).

Not as ridiculous a question as it seems

Who is the better back- LT hands down. Who will have a better season is subject to a little more debate.mmmmmmmmmm....ok I debated it, I will go with LT.

LJ will have the better season as a RB no question. I'm sure by the time you add in receiving yards, Tomlinson will have more combined yards.

well if you are talking FFL, of course u go with Larry Johnson.... but the best running back in the league is LT without a doubt.

Keegs said:
well if you are talking FFL, of course u go with Larry Johnson.... but the best running back in the league is LT without a doubt.

The question was who will have a better season? And I think LJ is alot closer to LT than you think. He only started 9 games last season and still finished 3rd. in the league. Well ahead of Tomlinson who started all 16 games.

Im going with my boy LT. Their O Line sucked last year..in this draft, they will get an OL in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Like someone said, Rivers wont be a Brees right now, so hes going to rely on LT catching some out of backfield so he doesnt risk too many deep throws when he has sure handed LT in the flat.

I think LT is the better player. But, he hasn't finished as strong as
he's started. Maybe, they overuse him at the beginning of the year.
M.Turner is no slouch. I'd spell him a little more to get 16g out of him.
That said. LJ is running like Jim Brown. I think he makes a run at 2k.
He plays with a chip on his shoulder. And, will be out to prove
Vermeil's criticism(diaper comment) was out of line.

great question!

I was screaming for KC to replace Holmes with LJ after game one last year. Even with that O-line he's still the best power back in the game...I'll take him on short yardage situations over LT.

but...

As an all around player and back, LT is hands down the class of the NFL. IMO, he's the only back who deserves to be mentioned as an MVP candidate (with Barber second).

Last edited:
LT is the best in the game, no question, but Johnson will produce more rushing yards. Why? He has a better, more cohesive offensive line and an established passing game.

Of course, with a first year starter at QB in San Diego, LT will probably catch 60-70 passes this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back