PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Johnson 5.9 ypc

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I think we better stop talking about washed up players who come from poor poor teams like the Chiefs.

95% of the Pats forum pegged this guy as having nothing left on the treads.

Get the stats right if you are going to gloat...

4.9 yards per carry yesterday, going for 107 yards. After going 2 attempts for 5 yards last week.

And this was against THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. Yep sure looked impressive running over CLEVELAND when he couldn't do much last week against the Raiders :rolleyes:

One game doesn't salvage a career especially when you are there just because your team's real running back is injured.

Last edited:
First, I took that 5.9 number from ESPN's football page where they featured Johnson. I didn't watch that game and had no clue he did really well until I looked at ESPN this morning.

Regardless, 4.9 and 107 yards is nothing to sneeze at. Clearly, he runs well and still has tread on the tires.

In the last few games the top rusher against the Browns, by the way, has gained 45 yards, 89 yards, 90 yards, 148 yards, 62 yards, 69 yards, 74 yards, 67 yards, 76 yards.

So, Johnson got more yards against the Browns than all but one runner in the last 10 Browns games.

In fact, Cedric Benson got 67 yards against the Browns the last time the Bengals played them.

I think most people were against bringing him here more because he is a scumbag. A first class dooosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back