PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Izzo's career likely over

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Larry can get healthy enough to have a good quality of life after football.

I hope that Larry can get healthy enough to have a good quality of life after football.

Getting out now gives him that luxury...

Sad that he had his career end this way, but I'm glad that I was lucky enough to see him play with our Patriots. He was a great warrior and a great leader. Best of luck Larry and thanks for the memories!

Hobbs and Izzo with neck injuries in the same year. Good luck, gentlemen.

Hell of a player, best of luck to him in his post-NFL life.

Big piece of the Pats' success. I wish him well.

I also wish Izzo well. Belichick has appreciated the value of defensive special teams more than any coach in the league. There is always room on a Belichick team for guys like Izzo.

loved izzo. i hope he comes back to the boston area and does some local media work. he would be a good addition to the cbs channel four guys.

Great guy, it seems -- passionate w/o being a thug. I hope his gregarious personality serves him well in his next career.

Great special teams player. Sad news indeed. Like others I hope he has a great post NFL life.

I enjoyed Izzo as a Patriot. I wish him a healthy and happy post football life.

One of the unsung heroes of the Snow Bowl game, and an all-around big time contributor on special teams. Wishing for a full recovery for Izzo. New England still loves you, even though you sold your soul to the Jets. :)

Sorry to hear that about Iz. Hope he gets better and we see him at Gillette in the coming years.

NFL life over the past years has been tough on former Patriot players and continues to do so. Hobbs, Izzo, and Evans are a few that come to mind however I wish the best of luck to these guys, they put their time in here and were solid contributors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye