PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Izzo looks ahead (and back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Larry Izzo looks ahead (and back) by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald

“My experience with Bill, I think we all owe him a great deal, especially anyone who’s been a part of those Super Bowl teams,” Izzo said. “Our lives are a lot better because of Bill Belichick. There’s no better coach in football in the history of the game. I learned a lot from him on a daily basis. The attention to details, things of that nature.

“The last couple years, he really spent a lot of time with the linebackers. Obviously, I didn’t get much time as a linebacker, but having sat in those meetings, I always enjoyed listening to him . . . I really couldn’t say enough good things about Bill. He’s a great coach and played a huge role in my life. I enjoyed my eight years there, and I’m very grateful that he valued the role that I played and what I brought to the table.”

continued ...

No trouble crossing border: Izzo has made smooth transition to the Jets

No trouble crossing border: Izzo has made smooth transition to the Jets by Christopher Gasper of the Boston Globe

“Obviously, when you first make the move, the first time you’re in the building it’s a little surreal, crossing over to another team in the division,’’ said Izzo, who came to the Patriots in 2001 after five seasons in Miami. “But having done it once already I was able to make a smooth transition.’’

“It wasn’t as if there was any great attempt, not to get into too many details,’’ Izzo said. “It was time to move on. I had a nice conversation with Bill. [Patriots owner] Mr. [Robert] Kraft reached out to me when the news came that I would not be back. The eight years, the experience I had there with that organization, I wouldn’t trade it for the world.’’

continued ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back