PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Fitzgerald?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a #1 and one of etiher Kaczur/Callaghan, the Cards need a new OL.

So the #24 pick and a 3rd rounder who has been completely average or a 6th rounder who was hurt most of his rookie year for the best young receiver in the game?

I don't think Samuel and the #24 pick would get it done but that's more in the ball park of what it would take.

Last edited:
The more likely scenario could be trading one of our first rounders to the Browns for Braylon Edwards.

1) Belichick has an easy contact in Romeo - duh.

2) Edwards has been maligned in Cleveland and is unfairly being labeled as a "bust" and a locker room headcase.

Cleveland may want to move him to cut out the "cancer", I can guarantee Arizona has no interest in moving Fitzgerald, it would be like trading Jerry Rice in his prime.

I'd take Braylon in a heartbeat -- he simply wants to win and if you paired him with fellow Michigan alum Tom Brady he would thrive and would be an ultimate team player. It's a lot like the Corey Dillon situation, I'd say there's some legs to a Braylon rumor, but certainly not the Fitz one...

We'll see.

Cruising around over at patriotplanet, I came accross this article;

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/9949386

Certainly an interesting read. While the Merrimen line made me giggle quite a bit, this line really got my attention.

:eek: Larry Fitzgerald :eek: He's a total stud receiver. Is this just journalistic license, or has anyone heard of anything similar to this.

Larry is a total #1 horse who could help from day one (not in a few years). With HIM, Reche, Gaffney, Troy (we hope) CJ and our TE's..... Damn, that would be quite a upgrade for Tom huh....... Might clear a little space up in the box for the backs too.

Perhaps, I'm fantasying a bit, but if something like this was possible, what would you give up to make it happen, and would he even be a fit in our scheme.

If he was, I'd cough up Seattle's #1 for starter. LF is more then plenty compensation for twig. Does anyone think we'd even try to be this agreesive at WR.

Dare we dream?

Why would the Cards break up the best young reciever combo in the NFL?

Fitz & Anquan Boldin (Pahokee High School, Pahokee, FL) are a pair of aces!

The more likely scenario could be trading one of our first rounders to the Browns for Braylon Edwards.

1) Belichick has an easy contact in Romeo - duh.

2) Edwards has been maligned in Cleveland and is unfairly being labeled as a "bust" and a locker room headcase.

Cleveland may want to move him to cut out the "cancer", I can guarantee Arizona has no interest in moving Fitzgerald, it would be like trading Jerry Rice in his prime.

I'd take Braylon in a heartbeat -- he simply wants to win and if you paired him with fellow Michigan alum Tom Brady he would thrive and would be an ultimate team player. It's a lot like the Corey Dillon situation, I'd say there's some legs to a Braylon rumor, but certainly not the Fitz one...

We'll see.

Impossible because of the cap ramifications. He's still on his enormous rookie contract since he was the 3rd pick in the draft.

Impossible because of the cap ramifications. He's still on his enormous rookie contract since he was the 3rd pick in the draft.

If that's the case that would also be the case for Fitzgerald, who was I believe the third pick in the previous season.

With $30 mil in cap space it's certainly possible... I'm not counting on either happening though.

Reggie Williams

If we're throwing out high picked Wide Receivers playing -- why not Reggie Williams?

If CJ works out Reggie would be the perfect compliment to him with his size, he'd be a great possession Receiver who can rack up YAC and cover the intermediate field while CJ stretches the D.

He really showed flashes this past season before Byron Leftwich got hurt but disappeared when Garrard took over (understandable since all he did was hand off) before having a solid last two weeks.

His price tag could be cheap too.

David Boston would look good in a NE uni, plus NEM likes him.

Last edited:
I don't think Samuel and the #24 pick would get it done but that's more in the ball park of what it would take.

Hold the phone! We don't even have Samuel to trade.

Hold the phone! We don't even have Samuel to trade.

LOL. I meant the rights to Samuel if you franchise him and Arizona wants to give him 5 years 45M with a 12M signing bonus.

this isnt a rumor..its speculation maybe they trade to get a proven guy..and they just threw some names out there. .. could be anyone in the league really..

If I was the Cardinals, I'd think long and hard about Asante and a 1st (and maybe a 3rd or so) for Fitzgerald. Long and hard. And probably say no, but hey, you can always try to fleece the worst front office in the game. Worked for the San Jose Sharks.

Point of order; the Blackhawks are still the worst front office in the NHL, BY FAR. That said, I agree with most here, there is no way in hell AZ is going to trade Fitzgerald, although it is a great dream, and we have to get something for Asante when he is inevitably franchised.

I was about to cream my pants before I read this part:

And actually, Patriots owner Robert Kraft gives me the willies. He walked past me twice after the Patriots' 38-34 loss Sunday, and he's this tiny little grim-faced goober who despite his massive wealth and fame, still has toadies who point frantically at the screen whenever the TV camera peeks into their luxury box. Kraft could oversee the Patriots' massive collapse and it wouldn't cost me a lick of sleep.

Trade up for Calvin Johnson! The guy is 6-4 or 6-5, 230 pounds and runs a 4.3 40! In fact, scouts say he runs great routes too. Lastly, he is a good all around kid, gets good grades and stays out of trouble. If the Pats traded both picks for the rights to Calvin Johnson, I think I would wet my pants and so would Tom Brady. The prospect of Calvin Johnson and the emergance of Chad Jackson would be a scary combo. And now I just woke up:rolleyes:

Certainly an interesting read. While the Merrimen line made me giggle quite a bit, this line really got my attention.

:eek: Larry Fitzgerald :eek: He's a total stud receiver. Is this just journalistic license, or has anyone heard of anything similar to this.

Larry is a total #1 horse who could help from day one (not in a few years). With HIM, Reche, Gaffney, Troy (we hope) CJ and our TE's..... Damn, that would be quite a upgrade for Tom huh....... Might clear a little space up in the box for the backs too.

Perhaps, I'm fantasying a bit, but if something like this was possible, what would you give up to make it happen, and would he even be a fit in our scheme.

If he was, I'd cough up Seattle's #1 for starter. LF is more then plenty compensation for twig. Does anyone think we'd even try to be this agreesive at WR.

This writier is a friggin moron who has no clue how teams operate.

Fitzgerald was the 2nd or 3rd overall pick in the draft and has a great work ethic and is a great team guy buy all accounts. He's smart, athletic, tall, fast, young, runs great routes..........basically what Moss and TO would have been if they didn't have two cent heads.

The Cardinals aren't trading him.

... and that pretty much sums up this entire convo. Next! :D

iam pretty confident the pats will not draft a highly touted receiver like everyone expects them to like calvin johnson or jarrett...the pats offense doesnt need big physical receivers but disciplined route runners and if these guys dont impress BB there then they wont be picked

BB will first look for DL and then CB...he has always said..good DLinemen are hard to find so if there is one the board he will pick him ..just my 2 cents

That quote that you pulled shows that this writer really doesn't know how the Pats work. Pioli is more likely to pick up a player like Kevin Curtis and make him a 1,200 yard receiver or a player past his prime like Keenan McCardell and getting a good year out of him than do what it takes to trade for Larry Johnson or Calvin Johnson. The Pats don't believe in investing too much equity in one player like that. That is how the Pats do business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back