PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Coyer canned, Curtis Painter benched, and Dan Orlovsky gets the start

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all seriousness, orlovsky isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be (that one play killed his reputation)
His career QB Rating is 72.1 which this year would place him above only Blaine Gabbert and Curtis Painter among QB with enough attempts.

56 completion %, equal number of TD/INT, not sure what's "isn't as bad" about him.

Re: Colts fire DC Larry Coyer

It's like trying to frame someone else after murdering a person and getting caught red-handed. The Colts can't even scapegoat properly.

Probably can't find another city to escape to in the middle of the night.

A few Colts posters insured me when Coyer was brought in that his success in Denver against Brady would translate in the Colts defense. That never really transpired so this will be fun.

Last edited:
His career QB Rating is 72.1 which this year would place him above only Blaine Gabbert and Curtis Painter among QB with enough attempts.

56 completion %, equal number of TD/INT, not sure what's "isn't as bad" about him.

Maybe they want to see who will back up Luck next year, him or Painter.

Jim Caldwell just fired the man who was his DC at Iowa when he was a DB back in the 70s. That had to be awkward. Of course, so is Jim Caldwell.

Deus Irae insists the Indianapolis Colts are a T-E-A-M.

Yeah, that organization truly rivals the New England Patriots. ;)

Last edited:

Well, considering many people probably think he is a disaster of a QB, he isn't as bad. The fact of the matter is he is a below average QB who is an upgrade over Painter, but still probably the worst QB remaining on the Pats' schedule and probably second worst one they will face this year (Tyler Palko being the first).

Deus Irae insists the Indianapolis Colts are a T-E-A-M.

Yeah, that organization truly rivals the New England Patriots. ;)

they look more like M-E-A-T

Typical Polian BS prior to the Pats game. Firing a coach and changing the QB will fire the team up for the last big game they will play this season. It would be a HUGE victory for the Colts.

I don't really care about how Orlovsky performs...he's had what..six seasons of NFL football?...what I do not like is...why now?...why this move against N.E.? What else does Polian have up his sleeve for this game? Is this game being preached as a do or die, all or nothing , let's prove to the world they are wrong to put us at -21? Win at all costs? Players flying around making hits without regard to the consequences?

I don't like the smell of this....if Mephistopheles were incarnate he'd be second in command to Polian.

I would rate Orlovsky ahead of Palko in the sense that Orlovsky actually has a strong arm and he has nice touch on the ball. But he is horrible in the pocket, and succumbs easily to pressure. Not very mobile either. Like a bad Kerry Collins.

Cess-Poolians giving the dolts a kick in the ass to wake them up in time for the pats. If they win One game this year i'm pretty sure they want it to be against the Patriots.

Last edited:
Not a single reporter in that room bothered to ask either of the Polians' if they felt any responsibility for the performance of the 0-11 Colts.

Not a single reporter in that room bothered to ask either of the Polians' if they felt any responsibility for the performance of the 0-11 Colts.
There probably afraid they'd be banned for life and their family would be sold into bondage.

Yes it makes sense. They have the worst offenses in the NFL and yet they fire their Defensive Coordinator.

S-M-A-R-T!

I wonder which face Caldwell put on when he told Coyer he was relieved of his duties.
TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

Shifty moves like this are only going to tick BB and TB off, Did Polian forget this is in Gillette?

this spread is looking better and better

Ah the King has spoken ! Making this look good. People paying the price, lol. His master Tank Job is playing out just the way he hoped it would.

IMHO, Painter was getting enough snaps to the point where he might actually become competent enough to score a TD or two, and threaten to win a game.:confused:

That would screw up the Suck for Luck campaign.:mad:

So it time to start a new incompetent QB, and let him wallow for a two or three games. Then we can restart Painter, having destroyed any rhythm or continuity. just making it safe for 0-16 and Luck beckons brightly.;)

FYI, The stupid Jester Brain Drain is even talking of taking on Pey-me-a-tons' salary after giving up lots of draft picks to bring Manning to the Joisey Swamps. They want a reprise of Favre Mania, and the PSLs and Season ticket renewals it would generate from the ditzy Jester fans.

The Brain Drainers are hoping to dump Sanchize on the Phish, just like Penny...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back