PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LaRon Landry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This player is a guy I was hoping the Pats would trade up for in the 2007 draft.

I predict He is going to be a special player for the skins at the safety position and in the NFL for the next 12 years or so and has already had a productive 35 tackles and 1/2 sack so far this season.

What do you think of him and see his role and performance in this weeks game?

Are we all looking at Taylor only and not Landry as a guy to watch out for this week at the opposing Safety position? - He could be overlooked.

Last edited:
This player is a guy I was hoping the Pats would trade up for in the 2007 draft.

I predict He is going to be a special player for the skins at the safety position and in the NFL for the next 12 years or so and has already had a productive 35 tackles and 1/2 sack so far this season.

What do you think of him and see his role and performance in this weeks game?

Are we all looking at Taylor only and not Landry as a guy to watch out for this week at the opposing Safety position? - He could be overlooked.

That's a lot of damned talent and money for the safety position.

Has the emphasis on safeties gone way way up in the last 5 years or what?

Maybe guys like Ed Reed and Rodney Harrison in the past decade changed the way teams look at how important it is to have a solid guy helping out back there in belting WRs
The more guys like these 2 that show brilliant performances each year,the more getting the right guy for the position is desired by teams that don't have dominant secondaries.

The NFL teams on the bottom tier get more desperate every year - there are probably 3/4 of teams in the league in the past 5 years who wishes they were the Patriots or Colts franchises.

Yea he has had a huuge impact already. He saved the Philly game for us with a big hit to force an incompletion on fourth and 4 on the 5 yard line. So basically it was a fourth and goal.

Last edited:

Credit the proliferation in cover based defenses for the rise in safety value. You can't really run a cover defense effectively without a stud safety.

I see the safety as an increasingly important position in a passing league. A big safety who can cover gives you a mixed safety/LB presence.

I see the safety as an increasingly important position in a passing league. A big safety who can cover gives you a mixed safety/LB presence.
Exactly. Just as a TE who can catch and run creates a mismatch, a safety with range and power takes away the mismatch.

I thought Rodney did a decent job taking Witten out of the Dallas game, for the most part, even though he's a little older now (please don't give him my home address) and was rusty from being out of action. A guy like Landry has the talent to shut down Witten completely, once he has the NFL experience.

I always though Meriweather was brought in as much to shut down TEs in the middle of the field as for any other reason. For all that people thought AD was brought in to shut down Dallas Clark (among many, many other things), that's still a mismatch. Guys like Clark run like a WR and can't be covered by a 270# LB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye