Welcome to PatsFans.com

Largest Terrorist Forum Admits Al Qaeda Defeat in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jul 10, 2008.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

Things of note Al Queda says the focus of the War against America was Iraq, they are adnitting defeat in Iraq. They are moving their focus now back to Afghanistan...

Good news and a mojor victory for the US, after we were assured by the dems we could not win in Iraq.
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

so you believe everything on a forum?:rolleyes:

I certainly don't believe it on here.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Great news!

Can the troops come home now?
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

maybe Obama wrote it... or maybe it was NEM
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

Well IIRC the last surge brigade has been withdrawn, Anbar is being turned over to the Iraqi's and the Iraqi's are targeting the US being out by 2011. Looks like we will be in Afghanistan/Pakistan a bit longer.

What is it about libs that they want instant gratification? I know you don't view yourself that way but very few of your views are inconflict with the dem platform.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

Why are the terrorist lying to each other?
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You know that's bullsh!t, 13.
    Your simple-minded characterization of me reflects your even more simple-minded view of the world. Black and white. Liberal and conservative. The democrat platform is neither lib or con. It's the same as the republican platform. Wake up and stop being led around by the nose by your president, pastor and media. They're all full of sh!t.

I'm a Goldwater conservative. Do you know what that is? I believe in the Constitution and foreign policy traditions that we have lost since WWII. We usd to be a peaceful, non-interventionist society. We never used to strike first. We used to conduct our affairs here and abroad with a view to long-term advantage. We have become an ADD society that only cares about the immediate situation and has no sense of history. Bush and his rumpswab co-conspirators act like radical lunatics when it comes to foreign and domestic policy. They fight and spend like drunken sailors.

Does the Democratic platform favor the abolition of the IRS and the Dept of Education? Does it oppose the use of "hate crime" legislation? Does it oppose affirmative action and generational welfare? Is it for the protection of the 2nd Ammendment? Hell, it isn't even against the war in Iraq!

Quit trying to pidgeon-hole me and other indepent types into your "for us or against us" crap. There is no meaning to the terms "democrat', "conservative", "republican, or "liberal" anymore. I don't change with the times and act like a media puppet as easily as some would.

Sorry. Not playing that dumb game.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

What lends some truth to this story is that the NY Times, CBS, NBC, PBS MSNBC (matthews/olberman) haven't spoken the word "Iraq" in months, if these Left Wingers aren't talking about the war that's "Good News" for America.

They only mention Iraq now when they are squealing about "surrender" what it looks like is, We're winning anf the Liberal Sore Losers still want us to "surrender".

:bricks:
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  9. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

We won't be out of there in 2011. We'll be drawn down for sure. Maybe 60-80k strong at that point.
  10. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Excellent!

Mission accomplished!

Let's now move our soldiers out of there, OK, patsfan13?

Huh, why not?
  11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

The answer, patsfans13, is that we are great at winning wars - - but we suck at occupations/police actions/nation-building.

Bush 41 and the real pros he has around him KNEW that and acted accordingly. Bush 43 and the neo-cons with the gyroscope eyes around him still don't.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Whoopsie doo, we waged war and Al Qaeda came in and now they left. So, we have brought Iraq back to the pre-war state with regard to Al Qaeda. It's a victory in the same sense that rebuilding after the WTC attack is a victory.

Meanwhile, the basic problem remains: We took out Iran's biggest enemy, freeing up Iran's resources so they could build nukes rather than guard against Saddam, and the Iraqi government seems to be asserting its independence of the US and there's a good chance will end up in the Iranian orbit, especially if we continue to maintain a military presence in Iraq and alienate its people.
  13. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

honor exists among thieves?
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

I am proud of our people ... they were thrown into a war where they were clearly outmatched (terrorists) and adapted. it took longer than expected but then the enemy ... many of them were hardened veterans of guerilla type warfare.

It seems many of them have moved on to Pakistan and Afghanistan ... and they will always be somewhere. There will always be a certain % of Muslims who wish to die as martyrs. We have our percentages in this country who wish to die as gang members ... those people exist in this world ... sad to say.

What I hope happens now is that the Muslim world begins to see ... and I think it is already taking place ... that these people just enjoy killing ... they get off on it and they live for it ... they think it pleases freaking allah ... I doubt it does because he doesn't exist ... what god would enjoy killing? Many more hundreds of thousands perhaps millions will die in the name of religion until this earth blows up ... hopefully we have learned how to deal with them.
  15. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

you are indeed right. just like vietnam and adapting to the trench and tunnel warfare.

I will never criticize the military personnel. It's the people who are in charge that send them off into the fire. I still think we shouldn't be there.
  16. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

"What I hope happens now is that the Muslim world begins to see ... and I think it is already taking place ... that these people just enjoy killing ... they get off on it and they live for it ..."

A little late to learning about the Middle East, FBN? You think this will be some kind of revelation to folks in the Middle East?

Got news for ya. Terrorist attacks, suicide bombings, etc have been a staple of the Middle East for thousands of years. They even fire military rounds of submachine guns for everyday neighborhood celebration.

There will not be any scenes of Iraqis around the dinner table exclaiming "Oh my, these brutes, we've never seen such inhumanity!" Does the everyday Iraqi hate the wanton violence? Of course. But for you to pin hopes on them beginning to see "that these people just enjoy killing ... they get off on it and they live for it ..." is naive and late to the game.

Maybe for YOU (and W) this has been a learning experience, but for anyone who knows the Middle East? Nope.
  17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Wow .. really .. I never knew that.:confused:
  18. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

""What I hope happens now is that the Muslim world begins to see ... and I think it is already taking place ... that these people just enjoy killing ... they get off on it and they live for it ..."

Evidently.
  19. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

Two things. First off, it's expressly because of the fact that the ME hasn;t changed in thousands of years, that the people in charge chose a strategy of geopolitical change in the ME, post 9/11. Say what you will about the intelligence of undertaking such a daunting task, but it is why we're there. Second, it is because of the carnage and violence, committed by terrorist muslims, that we've succeeded there. People simply tired of the death and destruction everyday, that they made amends with the "infidels", to achieve peace. So I'd say they've absolutely begun to see that senseless killing is inhumane. Are they now staples of civility? No, but they've taken the first steps toward becoming so.
  20. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

no, now we have to move to Afghanistan...so we can chase the terrorist into Pakistan