PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lance Moore was brought in secretly

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Amendola who cant play because he is injured again using up a roster spot cost more. Brady never threw 1 pass his way in the AFCC loss.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Brady barely threw any passes to anyone that game besides to Edelman. That's more on Brady and the defense's ability to get off the field then it as to do Amendola.

Week before Amendola had a good game vs Indy, but that seems to go unnoticed around here.

Brady barely threw any passes to anyone that game besides to Edelman. That's more on Brady

I think Tom had that problem most of the year, always zeroing in on Edelman & Gronk, I know he didn't have a lot of faith in the other guys, but I'm a firm believer that you need to keep feeding them the ball for them to improve their game, similar to a RB that gets going the more carries he gets.

That also allows the opposing D to concentrate their coverage on less of the field.

Brady barely threw any passes to anyone that game besides to Edelman. That's more on Brady and the defense's ability to get off the field then it as to do Amendola.

Week before Amendola had a good game vs Indy, but that seems to go unnoticed around here.

If amendola can stay healthy he will have a good year in this system IMO...the groin injury killed his cutting ability.

Theres no point in cutting him this year especially considering Edelman has had an injury history as well. doesnt hurt to have as many quality passing options for brady as possible

This has nothing to do with Amendola. Moore is a punt returner/receiver and was brought in as an alternative to Edelman.

Amendola's an easier target for fans here than he is for Brady on the field.

So you are defending a player who had Big round Bagel or 0 catches against that Denver Defense?

So you are defending a player who had Big round Bagel or 0 catches against that Denver Defense?

He went 0 for 1.

Look at the film, DA was open many times, Brady never looked his way. That's on Brady.

Brady the GOAT, but he has his fault in this.

With the amount of hate for Amendola on this board, you'd think we were talking about Donald Hayes.

And most of those doing the hating didn't want them to re-sign Welker and were all for signing Amendola. When he didn't bring them the instant gratification their fantasy football mentalities so desperately require they turned on him and i have no doubt that even though there is zero chance he will be playing elsewhere next season they will continue to flail away at him just as they did all last season, and if he turns it around and has a good season they will pretend they were on his side the whole time.

Oh god it turned into another Amendola thread (but with no Brady6 to be seen? at least he can spell and make a coherent argument, unlike Patsfan2)

I don't know how many of you paid attention to Moore last year, but he looked completely shot. The Saints cut him for a reason.

http://<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can confirm <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora">@JasonLaCanfora</a> report that the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Steelers&amp;src=hash">#Steelers</a> will host WR Lance Moore on Tuesday. He also recently visited the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Patriots&amp;src=hash">#Patriots</a>.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/445358557115191296">March 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to Adam Caplan he was already here and is going to Pittsburgh in the coming days. If Amendola wasnt worried he should be now with all of these WR vets being brought in.

Kenbrell is the one who should be really worried, IMO. Each of these signings is one more guy that he's going to have to beat out for a roster spot, and based on what we saw last year, I just don't think he's that good. Good story, but Brandon LaFell, for example, is significantly better player, no matter how you feel about his contract.

i still don't see why the pats don't consider james jones. would he cost that much? he would instantly become a number 1 receiver and along with Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Lafell, Gronk and TE2, the offense would be sick.

Kenbrell is the one who should be really worried, IMO. Each of these signings is one more guy that he's going to have to beat out for a roster spot, and based on what we saw last year, I just don't think he's that good. Good story, but Brandon LaFell, for example, is significantly better player, no matter how you feel about his contract.

Yeah. LaFell is a player who would be in the same role as Thompkins, but is substantially better right now. And they're about the same age since Thompkins was such an old rookie.

TommyBrady12 said:
i still don't see why the pats don't consider james jones. would he cost that much? he would instantly become a number 1 receiver and along with Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Lafell, Gronk and TE2, the offense would be sick.

James Jones has never been nor ever will be a number one receiver. It's not that he's a bad player, but the Patriots already have #2-3 guys in Edelman, Amendola, and LaFell and he would just be adding another (Dobson doesn't fall into this group because he has the talent to be a #1, though who knows if he'll ever reach it).

Lance Moore got over 1000 yards receiving two years ago. He clearly has skills even though he is 5'9. I would dump amendola and bring in Moore.

I would do that in a heart beat as well if it didn't cost the Pats money against the cap. He'd likely be cheaper, is a better all around receiver, has been more durable than Amendola.

Yeah. LaFell is a player who would be in the same role as Thompkins, but is substantially better right now. And they're about the same age since Thompkins was such an old rookie.

James Jones has never been nor ever will be a number one receiver. It's not that he's a bad player, but the Patriots already have #2-3 guys in Edelman, Amendola, and LaFell and he would just be adding another (Dobson doesn't fall into this group because he has the talent to be a #1, though who knows if he'll ever reach it).

See, that's the thing , there's no rule that you can't have two or three number 2 or 3 receivers on the team. Seattle did it and won. NE also did and won between 2001-2004. Also, NO in 2009 never had a "number 1 receiver" type.

You mean the same Denver Defense that give Brady such a hard time, and this was without Von Miller. Not saying about the pass offense, but the running game was non-existent and the OL that game was pathetic.

See, that's the thing , there's no rule that you can't have two or three number 2 or 3 receivers on the team. Seattle did it and won. NE also did and won between 2001-2004. Also, NO in 2009 never had a "number 1 receiver" type.

they did have Percy Harvin so its not like they were running only Tate's.

I would argue that Colston is exactly a "number 1 receiver" type.

I would argue that Colston is exactly a "number 1 receiver" type.

there is simply no way the patriots can get a "number 1 receiver type" for next season unless Dobson steps up, they draft one, or trade for one They lost out on Hakeem nicks and Decker (if you want to categorize him as a number 1). Odds are that we will go into this season with a bunch of number 2s and 3s. I'm hopeful on Dobson - do any of you think he has number 1 potential?

they did have Percy Harvin so its not like they were running only Tate's.

let's be honest - they didn't need percy harvin to beat Denver. He was more of a luxury than anything.

I think the concept of a #1 WR is a media/fantasy invention and not something Bill Belichick spends very much time worrying about. After watching him intently for more than a decade, it is pretty apparent that he looks at building a group of players at a position (i.e. wide receiver) and worries about where they will line up later.

He's done it with smurfs. He's done it with Randy Moss. All things being equal, I suspect he'd rather spread the ball around to larger group of good receivers -- gives him more ability to deal with the inevitable injuries of a 19 game NFL season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back