Welcome to PatsFans.com

LaMont Jordan signed, Robert Ortiz waived

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lamafist

lamafist Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with all this, and I'd take it a step further -- BB isn't just looking for the best "group of RBs" and the best "group of TEs," but the best offense as a whole. In '06, the team was short on WR talent, and longer on TE talent, and hence, we had an offense built around multi-TE and multi-back sets. Last season, we had the best wideouts in the game, so BB spread the offense out, and used 3+ WR most of the time.

This season, with Morris back and JOrdan added to the fold, BB now has a deep, versatile bunch of RBs to play with, so no doubt he'll find ways to take advantage of that in terms of scheming.

2. Patriotis

Patriotis Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Exactly. Faulk, Jordan, and Morris will all make it.

3. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +40 / 13 / -16

#12 Jersey

Well I think what you state about Morris may be the most realistic point on this signing......There may be some worry that Morris' injury last year may be more serious or is slowing down his return to full speed etc......and they need insurance if he can not go.....I really loved having morris here last year....the guy was electric.....I am sincerely hoping that he comes back full tilt and that they can accommodate 5 Rb's......GO PATS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.