PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LaMont Jordan is the answer in the red zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
You have to run the ball in the red zone to be effective(if you are not Tom Brady). The Pats obviously put Cassel in a position to succeed by protecting him with short patterns and not forcing much.

The Jets doubled Moss in the red zone and were determined to not let him beat them.

I think Lamont Jordan could be the answer for effective red zone offense, just like the Steelers use to utilize Jerome Bettis. He runs through people and has a nack for taking contact and spinning for more yardage.

On a side note I could see Ventrone being a valuable player down the road with those short routes.

I think Lamont Jordan could be the answer for effective red zone offense, just like the Steelers use to utilize Jerome Bettis. He runs through people and has a nack for taking contact and spinning for more yardage.

Yes. Certainly better than Maroney at smashing through tackles.

Yes he looked great? Loved him smasking right thur the Jets D-line. Is anyone else tried of Lomo's dance behinde the line?

If you paid attention the last few weeks of last year, St. Vitus (Maroney) evidently does that for a reason.

Red zone? You have Jordan, and you have Morris... I'm not certain I consistently deny Maroney red zone carries, however. Power running is not his forte, but when he's hot he's effective close in or from 30 yards out.

LaMont Jordan had better watch out. Running like that, he might just get most of the carries:D

And on your side note, Ray Ventrone has been working his ass off for years, its nice to see that he is getting playing time. He is the Patriot Rudy. I've been rooting for him to make the team for years.

I think that Lamont will be a great redzone Runner,but as to cut out Maroney in the redzone would be wrong.

You have to run the ball in the red zone to be effective(if you are not Tom Brady). The Pats obviously put Cassel in a position to succeed by protecting him with short patterns and not forcing much.

The Jets doubled Moss in the red zone and were determined to not let him beat them.

On a side note I could see Ventrone being a valuable player down the road with those short routes.

Some good thoughts here. He seems to have the mentality of a plow horse.;)

Last edited:
LaMont Jordan is the answer between the 20's too. Feed him the ball!

I think Maroney, Morris and Faulk have enough to cover most red zone situations. While giving Jordan the goal line carries isn't a bad idea, I really like having a fresh Jordan in the 2nd half (4th quarter especially) to batter a tired defense and close out games.

I think Maroney, Morris and Faulk have enough to cover most red zone situations. While giving Jordan the goal line carries isn't a bad idea, I really like having a fresh Jordan in the 2nd half (4th quarter especially) to batter a tired defense and close out games.

I agree. People have a tendency to overreact to things--so Jordan looked great, he should suddenly be the every-down back. Much better to use him selectively--red zone, fourth quarter--where his effectiveness will be that much more pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes