PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lame Helmet Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiGon

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone happen to notice the Vikes sporting new helmet logos on Monday night..? You actually have to look pretty hard to notice. Basically they took their old logo, the white Viking horn, and simply tried to add the illusion of 3-d depth to it with some light shading...

Pretty lame stuff... but (as deranged as this sounds) one of my pet peeves is when media outlets show a team and use an old logo. The AZ Cardinals have been driving me crazy since 90% of the world doesn't seem to realize they altered their logo last year... and now an even smaller alteration from the Vikes... this will be driving me crazy for the next decade or so... :rolleyes:

I still cannot fathom how logo changes can drive someone crazy. I think that should be the question! lol

QuiGon said:
Anyone happen to notice the Vikes sporting new helmet logos on Monday night..? You actually have to look pretty hard to notice. Basically they took their old logo, the white Viking horn, and simply tried to add the illusion of 3-d depth to it with some light shading...

Pretty lame stuff... but (as deranged as this sounds) one of my pet peeves is when media outlets show a team and use an old logo. The AZ Cardinals have been driving me crazy since 90% of the world doesn't seem to realize they altered their logo last year... and now an even smaller alteration from the Vikes... this will be driving me crazy for the next decade or so... :rolleyes:
the vikings didnt alter there logo .its been like it is now for years but they did change the uniform

-=Bruschi54=- said:
I still cannot fathom how logo changes can drive someone crazy. I think that should be the question! lol
I am quite deranged when it comes to football.

patriotspride said:
the vikings didnt alter there logo .its been like it is now for years but they did change the uniform
Like I wrote in my original post: You have to look very hard to notice. Obviously, I am referring to the logo on their helmet - not that logo where you see a profile view of a viking with the long mustache.

I wasn't even sure myself at first but after I saw a close-up view you can see a minor alteration. As I said before, basically they took their old logo, the white Viking horn, and simply tried to add the illusion of 3-d depth to it with some light shading... It is no longer just a flat white streak.

Perhaps I used a poor choice of words... to clarify: It's the same logo, but it has been slighty restylized.

Last edited:
QuiGon said:
Like I wrote in my original post: You have to look very hard to notice. And, to be clear, I am referring to the logo on their helmet - not that logo where you see a profile view of a viking with the long mustache.

I wasn't even sure myself at first but after I saw a close-up view you can see a minor alteration. To restate what I wrote above: Basically they took their old logo, the white Viking horn, and simply tried to add the illusion of 3-d depth to it with some light shading... It is no longer just a flat white streak.
i know what your talking about but that change isnt new .

patriotspride said:
i know what your talking about but that change isnt new .
Yeah, it is. I am not going to argue the point any further; you're simply wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes