PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LaMarr Woodley receives franchise tag from Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lamar Woodley to be Franchised...

Harrison will be 33 in May

Damn, I didn't know that. He didn't really become a factor until a few years ago, and the fact that he comes off as a complete moron disguises it too I guess :cool:
That defense is getting pretty old

Woodley, Hali, and Wimbley all off the market? Pass rusher through the draft I guess.

Woodley, Hali, and Wimbley all off the market? Pass rusher through the draft I guess.

Woodley and Hali both received the non-exclusive tag. While signing either would require us to give up two 1sts, we could still swing a trade with their teams.

Draft is probably still the more likely scenario.

Woodley and Hali both received the non-exclusive tag. While signing either would require us to give up two 1sts, we could still swing a trade with their teams.

Draft is probably still the more likely scenario.

I do not understand this , so we can tag mankins and have him play for us because its good for the pats but other teams should tag and trade there players because let me guess its good for the pats.

I do not understand this , so we can tag mankins and have him play for us because its good for the pats but other teams should tag and trade there players because let me guess its good for the pats.

That's because our players are always either worth way more than 2 firsts or not worth even a second while everyone else's are probably well worth two firsts but we can simply talk teams down because we use vulcan mind tricks. The comical part is this year we have the only tag victim who sees himself as such. Everyone else's tagged players are either OK with playing for the tag or fully expecting (hoping for) it to simply lead to a long term deal. Must be something in the water here that fans and players drink. Brady's different but then again he endorses and drinks bottled water.

I'm a bit confused by your confusion.

I'm simply stating that other terms can be worked out with non-exclusive franchise players. Signing a non-exclusive franchise player to an offer sheet that isn't matched will automatically cost two 1sts, which almost no team would be willing to pay. But franchised players have been traded in the past for less than the two 1sts if the team thinks there is value to it.

Jared Allen was traded for a 1st and two 3rds. Cassel was traded along with Vrabel for a 2nd. I'm sure if someone offered BB a 1st and a 2nd for Mankins, he'd consider it seriously.

I'm just saying other terms can be worked out and that the "two 1sts" is not mandatory. I'm not suggesting it will happen or that it's likely to happen.

But very soon that tag wont mean that much. I cant see new regulations honoring this current tag, I see all these teams tagging guys as simply a protective measure to insure future negotiations for future contracts and trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots