PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lamar Hunt has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were a Mount Rushmore for NFL owner/execs, Lamar Hunt (as well as George Halas) would have a place there. Especially if an old AFL kid like me were doing the placing.

If there were a Mount Rushmore for NFL owner/execs, Lamar Hunt (as well as George Halas) would have a place there. Especially if an old AFL kid like me were doing the placing.

As a die-hard AFL/AFC Chargers fan since the beginning of time, I can only say that Lamar Hunt deserves every single one of the great many worthy tributes that will be forthcoming.

Best wishes to the family of Mr. Superbowl.

Condolences to his family. I thank him for the early AFL when I was a kid. I loved the Chiefs next to the Pats.

The NFL has lost a true pioneer in the sport. One can only hope that the newer owners actually learned something from him.

They were talking about him a few days ago on Foxsports radio. Wishing him well but, eluding to the fact he wasn't long for this world. He lived a good life and made a difference. R.I.P.

Last edited:
It is good to see the legacy he leaves behind, I hope this has been of great enjoyment to him. We the fan are fortunate to know new owners like Bob Kraft have taken up the reins of leadership to carry on Mr. Hunt's efforts and move them forward.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=audionewsdetail&pid=23069&pcid=85

Q: Can you talk about Lamar Hunt and what he meant to the game in your eyes?

BB: I think he was certainly one of the founding fathers of the AFL and the AFL-NFL merger and how all of that came about. He was a huge staunch supporter of the AFL and then as it is now the AFC. I think that franchise has had a good impact on the entire league. I think the Kansas City fans and their whole football environment on game day and Arrow Head and all that they’ve created there has been something that certainly has been an invigorating part of the game. It's hard to play there, but I'm just saying the whole environment that they've created. Lamar has been there through it all and I said yesterday, I had the opportunity to be in Kansas City for that 101 Dinner, which is one of the top postseason award dinners for football. It honors, not just pro football, it's a first-class thing. He's been a big part of that and it’s comparable to the Maxwell Club and The Touchdown Club of Washington, and stuff like that. They've done a lot of things right out there, a lot of things to promote the game of football and I think a lot of things done in the spirit of the game that I respect. Certainly, he’s a big part of that. I've had minimal direct contact with him, owners meetings and stuff like that, that 101 Club dinner, the Super Bowl and that type of deal, but truly a gentleman, a smart guy and very respectful. I think he respected the game a lot too. When he spoke in league meetings you always had the sense that he was speaking from the heart, Wellington Mara-ish, what was best for the game. It wasn’t about what was best for the Chiefs. It was about what was best for the game and I think that came across in a genuine, sincere manner, so I believed it. It's a tough loss.

Last edited:
He was to AFC Owners , what Wellington Mara was to NFC Owners.. He will be missed a great asset to the nfl has been lost..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back