Welcome to PatsFans.com

lala.com

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BelichickFan, Mar 4, 2009.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Has anyone tried this ? I love it. It sounds gay but it's cool.

Basically you can upload all your music to their server then you can login from any computer and have all your music with you with an i-tunes interface.

It's all legal and there are purchasing options similar to itunes and amazon.
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +416 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I know that site too. Thing is, how often are you going to be at another computer other than your own and want to access music from it? The only thing I can think it might make sense with is iPhone, which already has iTunes storage but not as much capacity as you can load on your computer. One nice aspect of Lala is you can listen to full albums once to decide if you want to buy.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

In addition to being able to listen once, you can also buy a streaming version of a track for $.10 that you can listen to indefinitely. So you can get a streaming version of a whole CD for $1 to $1.50 and that amount is discounted if you then buy the MP3s of the CD for the $8-$10 price.

You are correct that lala doesn't necessarily fit a big hole in everyone's situation. Capacity is nice, though, as it's unlimited compared to MP3 players' finite memory. It's also great for people like me who have had MP3 players banned at work (don't ask, it's stupid) so I can still listen to my music.

Why not - MP3 players were banned so we don't hook them up to the computer and possible put a virus on the computer - why they didn't ban MP3 cables instead is beyond me :confused:
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Simplify Media - it works on an iPod touch (Download the app) and iPhone