Welcome to PatsFans.com

Laitinos On Blacks: Interesting Attitudes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 11, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Posters who have been here...when we were discussing the Cosby thing and such... I came out saying how much latinos resented blacks for being lazy and all the rest. Many here and politicians also lump blacks and Latino's together...totally wrong...dead wrong. These people are similar to old fashioned conservatives which today makes them moderates.

Out latino population is growing...these people are keener and sharper than given credit for...there is one segment of Latino's who are lazy for the most part...but the rest are hardworking and very moral....politicians need to be on alert...clean up your act and stop pandering to the blacks that are lazy welfare suckers.

These guys must have checked it out and concur:

http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-751477.html

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I would say something . . . but . . . I . . . must . . . resist.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +658 / 2 / -9

If I say anything I will be censored and scolded.
    :bricks:
  4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hard to resist the temptation?

I work with alot of latinos in construction, they are hard workers and have a generaly laid back personality which is refreshing compared to the wound up tight wanna be bosses who fly off the handle over spilt milk.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +658 / 2 / -9

Good luck to them.

There is a nasty little "new thing" developing that the "Politically Correct Liberals" don't even like to think about, the Elite Main Stream Media hardly ever mentions it, there is Friction brewing between the "Blacks" & "Latinos" on the streets and in the prisons it is downright hard core "Racism" Neo Libs are all in a dither, they don't know how to handle Racism when they don't have "WHITEY" to blame, their big problem being, "whos' side do they take"?
  6. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://mediamatters.org/static/audio/savage-20060613-clinton.mp3
  7. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let me tell you something, the black mom working two jobs to feed her two kids, HATES the lazy mexican mom with 10 kids living off welfare. Black people are some of the hardest workers I know (I may be biased since I'm part black, but still).
  8. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep I also work with alot of blacks in construction, they work hard and get along with everyone on the site. Now their are segments of all colors of skin that can be lazy and recieve welfare. I am just a white guy with brown freckles who works hard and bust harry's balls on this forum.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +658 / 2 / -9

I got brown freckles too :rocker:
  10. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who woulda thunk it!:D
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +658 / 2 / -9

Me and Sen Robert "Klucker" Byrd have seen the light, "Praise Jesus"

Some "White Mother F-ckers" burned a cross on my lawn two weeks ago.
    :bricks:
  12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good for you that you tossed your sheets, now all you gotta do is work on your hate filled mine and drop the racist rhetoric. Good luck!
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Most of this Black/Laqtino stuff is very urban in nature. Immigrants coming here moving in the inner city at first and the Blacks living in the inner cities.

For the most part...and I'm all over the place when on the road and I have enough friends to have my own version of the U.N. you hardly ever see any of this in the mainstream, decent salary portion of America where people are living outside of the inner city.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2005
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Those are Warts Harry...from the woods.
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

So the media's moved on from the black-Jewish "split," I see.

Hey, I see it all the time (Blacks having race-based attitudes with Hispanics, or Whites, or Jews, Hispanic having attitude about Whites or Blacks, White attitudes towards everybody... etc. etc. etc.) It's not a matter of "having whitey to blame." It's human nature: people innately trust and gravitate toward people that look like them, and innately magnify threatening or negative characteristics of a group they've defined as "not us." You'll always be able to find frictions "between groups." Then you find that individuals are always willing and able to abandon their racism in the face of other individuals (the "he's not like the other ones..." loophole.)

It's just a matter of figuring out that nobody is "like the other ones," and when you see the Black mother with her two kids on the bus, she's more likely to be working her ***** off, than on crack (same's true of the Hispanic or white mother.) But you don't know that until you know the individual, and if you're going in looking for lazy, you'll see lazy. The only thing you can say about "evolving" past the innate part that distrusts the "other," is that when you focus on the "other" as who they might be as an individual, you get a very different (and more constructive) result, than when you focus on the "other" as a representative of his/her "group."

Don't know if that's stating the obvious, but there it is.

PFnV
  16. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I wasn't going to reply to this rather pointless topic but I'm doing so because I'm rather tired of the stupid claim that racism is "an innate part of human nature" and that people "gravitate towards people who look like them". Do you trust people who are of your height more than you do people who are shorter or taller? Do you "gravitate" only towards people with the same hair colour or the same eye colour and "distrust" those who do not have those characteristics? Of course not...and prejudice on the basis of race has absolutely nothing to do with "trusting people who look like you". Racism is a result of the need by some humans to define the world in a way that automatically and permanently (it is hoped) elevates them above others and in so doing allows them special rights (formal and informal). This is the basis of all forms of discrimination, not just racial discrimination.
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

Look, I'm close to bald, and as such, running out of hair as it is, without having to split them.

If you define the world in such a way that an entire class of people is "beneath" you, and base their position on an undesireable characteristic, you're unable -- prior to learning who an individual is -- to trust them to perform at the level of the median, based on your assumption of their sub-standard character in that regard.

So you're making a comfortable - and maybe viable - argument, that the entirety of racism is learned behavior deriving from environment, or alternately, that some people are born racist and others are not. Either provides a higher horse from which to ping the racist villain. I am not aware of 100% proof of either assertion.

I'm open to hearing it, if it exists; it would indeed be helpful to know the roots of racism's cause with the degree of certainty you've acquired. If there's proof that there's no "innate" aspect to racism, as you indicate, we can move forward knowing that, in each case, racism can be more easily "solved."

If, however, humans do in fact instinctually fear and loathe those outside their "group," however that is perceived, racism is a more difficult problem.

Because an answer is desireable does not make it correct.

PFnV
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +658 / 2 / -9

A Black politician and a White politician are running for the same job.

The Black politician gets the majority of the "Black Vote", that is considered "Progress"

The White politician gets the majority of the "White Vote" that is considered "Racism"

WHY?

Many minority people prefer to live and socialize with their own people, that drives the politically correct do-gooder nuts (they can't blame whitey).
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

"Latinos", whatever the hell that means, or anyone else for that matter, who are not citizens of the United States can go f--k themselves with their opinions of my black American brothers and sisters. I see no difference between any Americans who work for a living, (and that includes mothers or fathers who stay at home with the kids), respect me, my family, and stuff. The moochers and welfare mothers with multiple kids with multiple guys come in all colors, but most of them are white. What a stupid discussion.
    Oh, damn!...I'm participating!
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  20. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

["Nelson" voice]: HA HA! You participated!