PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lady Felger: "Pats Secondary Was Better When Mangini Was Coaching Them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lady Felger:"Pats Secondary Was Better When Mangini Was Coaching Them"

Wait; someone here still listens to Felger?

It's amazing that every week we get Felger said this and Felger said that.

Felger is a jib.

Mangini was an outstanding secondary coach, then again he had some veteran help. The current NE secondary features one veteran - Sanders - and a bunch of youngsters. It is what it is.

more importantly, in BB's defense the LB's have to be great and when mangini coached earthwind moreland our the 4LBs were not the same as now and our DLine was all first rounder studs too so that helps ...no secondary can cover if the front 7 is weaker.

Question BigMike. Why do you listen to Lady Felger?? She's a drama queen who has very little credibility in this town with the athletes and other mediots. It's like why do people read Perv Borges?? We all know his schtick and agenda

(PS - but do listen a week from Tuesday after the Pats beat Miami in Miami and note just how quickly her Patriot panties suddenly become UNbunched ;) )

Last edited:

Felger, although a dbag to the nth degree, is right on this and alot of other things he spouts on his show. I dislike giving the devil his due, but with Felger, you have to on alot of points he makes. His most salient point is the complete and abject failure of this team's drafting from 2005-2007, a period of three years. When you look at the players Belichick drafted and the ones he passed on, it is vomit inducing. Can I get a Chad Jackson? How 'bout a David Thomas? Yes, I know they traded picks for Moss, Welker....

I can only take a few minutes of him until I turn it off....YUK!!!!! Just for kicks as to his OUTRAGE of the week..If there was ever one who CARED only about self promotion it would be him..so much noise..so loud and yet..so little to say that makes any sense...THAT must have been the day after he was claiming statistics that would "blow you away"...Just another loud fart.. He and Borgs and the REd Head and some of the others can go out to sea and wouldn't be missed...

sportshub has become a cesspool of these idiots yapping around all the time. I don't mind a good critic but it looks like their only goal is to spew venom all the time and hoping that BSPN hires them. That guy mASSorotti's voice drives me crazy that I always want to break something when I hear it. He should keep himself to writing.

The only show I hear in that station is the Toucher & Rich :eek:

Last edited:

Felger, although a dbag to the nth degree, is right on this and alot of other things he spouts on his show. I dislike giving the devil his due, but with Felger, you have to on alot of points he makes. His most salient point is the complete and abject failure of this team's drafting from 2005-2007, a period of three years. When you look at the players Belichick drafted and the ones he passed on, it is vomit inducing. Can I get a Chad Jackson? How 'bout a David Thomas? Yes, I know they traded picks for Moss, Welker....

I'm not quite sure how that's a point for Felger. To point at the outcome after it happens isn't really a skill so much as it's a basic observation. There were some poor drafts, no doubt. But we can all see that now. It doesn't make the guy a genius.

And did you mean 2006 instead of 2005? 2005's draft featured Mankins, Hobbs (nice value for a third rounder), Kaczur, Sanders, and Cassel, a really solid class.

I had also closed the door on 2008 as being an awful draft, but if Crable starts to contribute and Wheatley ever gets healthy, we may have to re-write the final chapter on that class.

A few things:

1.) The secondary was better when Mangini was the secondary coach. That was in part that the front seven was better and were able to pressure the QB consistently.
2.) Mangini was a great position coach. He sucks as a head coach and the jury is out as a DC, but he did a lot of great things as the secondary coach here.
3.) In time, even by the end of this year, this secondary could be better than years under Mangini.

Last edited:

Pats secondary was better when we had Ty Law.

Mangini was an outstanding secondary coach, then again he had some veteran help. The current NE secondary features one veteran - Sanders - and a bunch of youngsters. It is what it is.

Nail on the head.

"Lock this thread". Its done.

Felger is a douche.

And he embraces it because it's the only thing that has kept him gainfully employed for the last five years. He and Eric actually have a lot in common in that neither would have amounted to a hill of beans had they not landed in the right place at the right time and both have gotten ahead by backstabbing the guy who launched the careers they desperately cling to to this day...

Sanders is not the only veteran with this unit. Brandon Meriweather is in his fourth season in the NFL. He's played in over 50 games, starting the majority of them. There's not much more for him to learn.

I'm not quite sure how that's a point for Felger. To point at the outcome after it happens isn't really a skill so much as it's a basic observation. There were some poor drafts, no doubt. But we can all see that now. It doesn't make the guy a genius.

And did you mean 2006 instead of 2005? 2005's draft featured Mankins, Hobbs (nice value for a third rounder), Kaczur, Sanders, and Cassel, a really solid class.

I had also closed the door on 2008 as being an awful draft, but if Crable starts to contribute and Wheatley ever gets healthy, we may have to re-write the final chapter on that class.
DBag's point is that from that 05 draft, only Sanders is playing for the team now with the others gone via trade, release, or injury...Felger acts as though he OWNS that point about the drafts being sh#tty because he harps on it non-stop...

DBag's point is that from that 05 draft, only Sanders is playing for the team now with the others gone via trade, release, or injury...Felger acts as though he OWNS that point about the drafts being sh#tty because he harps on it non-stop...

No argument on 06 or 07, but what kind of argument is that for the 05 draft? I realize that's not your argument, but to evaluate a draft like that is stupid.

Despite starting for us from day 1 and playing at a Pro Bowl level for years, since Mankins holds out, it was a bad pick in that draft? And because Kaczur was a starting tackle for years and still capable of being a starter on our O-Line, but got injured this season, he was a bad pick? Cassel was a 7th rounder who saved our season in 2008 which we were able to convert into a 2nd rounder. That's tremendous value for a 7th rounder. The 2005 draft was one of the best ones under BB.

And my point here is simply that it's very, very, very easy for me or you or Felger or anyone to look back at decisions and decide what should have been done. That takes very little skill.

But to evaluate hundreds of players, assign them values, figure out how other teams value them, acquire them on draft day, picking one guy over another dozen similar guys...that is a real talent, a real skill. And everyone in the business makes mistakes.

Just because Felger points out that this decision failed and that pick sucked doesn't make him a talent evaluator, nor does it make his observations brilliant. After the fact, it's easy to see who worked out and who didn't. But if he (or I) were in charge of this team, there's no way we would do as well. Reviewing what happened vs. being in charge of making things happen are two entirely different things.

Last edited:
Judging by what I'm seeing today..... ;()

When will the excuses end for our inferior DB coaching?

When we have real CBs to start ruining. The fact is we need a different RCB, not a different coach.

We had Randall Gay, Troy Brown, Earthwind and Fire playing CB for us when last we won a SB. And while we could have a better RCB, do you really think they are coaching up this guy like we used to coach up our DBs? Be honest with yourself.

We had Randall Gay, Troy Brown, Earthwind and Fire playing CB for us when last we won a SB. And while we could have a better RCB, do you really think they are coaching up this guy like we used to coach up our DBs? Be honest with yourself.

Randall Gay is a solid player. I would love to have him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back