PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lack of a 1st Day LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the Roster
Reaction score
Count me among those shocked that we didn't spend a 1st day pick on a LB. A few reasons could be (what I believe to be increasing importance)...

(1) the guys they have targeted have 4th/5th round value (2nd day LB pick, or picks, upcoming)
(2) a vote of confidence in Ryan Claridge, who they may feel could play after a 'red-shirted' year
(3) BB just doesn't like to draft LB's that he will have to count on right away because they drive the scheme, so any LB drafted this year is not likely to have much of an impact this year. The 3 guys selected on day 1 should all have the opportunity to contribute... the level of which will be determined by the performance of those players. So without drafting LB help for this year, BB must expect to have some veteran talent come available after the June 1st cuts. There is plenty of cap room to go after a good player or two in that 2nd round of free agency.

It will be fun to watch the next 3 picks (if we use them)... they could still go in a few different directions with good values available at multiple positions.

**By the way, I wonder if BB will work any deals for the '07 draft... do we have an idea of what Givens' comp pick might be? 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back