Welcome to PatsFans.com

Labor Market Measures Show Strength

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 6, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,364 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

good news for Obama and Bad news for Romney.

Labor Market Measures Show Strength

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +438 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I don't get too up or down anymore regarding month to month reports.

Especially our govt's job/unemployment report. Keep in mind that report counts people working 1 hour/week as employed.

Since we can't sustain or grow our economy by ourselves, all we need to do is read the reports on Europe, China and Australia (all tanking...except for China, that means growing at just 5%).

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,364 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

1 hr ... :rofl: ... how many of them to screw in a light bulb PR :confused2:

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 7 / -2

I'll wait till the day after the jobs report comes out, for the real numbers to be explained more accurately. Last month had the highest seasonal adjustment in years. Furthermore, I read that the service sector always has a good august because of vacations, and back to school related industries. The problem currently, is manufacturing, where the index was down under 50 for a 4th consecutive month.

5. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Good stuff.

This is better news than the normal news.

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Too late to make a difference the economic condition is already set in the voters minds. In 1992 Q3 growth was 4%+ too late to help daddy Bush.

the projected Aug number accounts for people entering the workforce by isn't reducing the total number of unemployed people. The spin will be fun to watch.

7. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +357 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

Too little too late. Perhaps if Obama didnt fiddle with Obamacare for over 2 years things might be better today.

Obama and Crazy Joe will face the wrath of unemployed voters and those hanging on to any job that they can find in November. Bet on it.

Time to give Romney and Ryan a chance at the jobs problem.

“Anything stimulative is almost surely off the table,” one of Obama’s former economic advisers, Jared Bernstein, said in an email Thursday. If he’s right, that’s terrible news for the unemployed. As of July, the economists at the Hamilton Project projected the U.S. economy was still 11.3 million jobs short of returning to pre-recession employment levels. Even if we somehow started growing at the red-hot pace of the 1990s, those projections say, that gap wouldn’t be closed until 2016.

Two Conventions Down, No Signs of Quick Help for the Jobless - NationalJournal.com

8. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lower taxes on the rich, get rid of min wage no equal pay for women and TA DA! Everything is fixed!!!

Sometimes doing the unpopular thing is the right thing, government can't create private sector jobs, all they can do is make it easier on them.....DUH.......

You go and vote for Ryan and that other d-bag, and see where it get's you.....its like Bush all over again......

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —:rocker::rocker::rocker:

9. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -2

I like this quote. I think he was on to something. I will let you reread it a few times to figure it out :)

10. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh very clever,

lol, yea you could say that about Mr.O but you could say the same about "Filp Flop" Mitt.....

You do know Bush was a business man too right? Same as Romney, they both were very successful, both had rich daddy's......lol ill let you reread this a few times, to figure it out.:cool:

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

It is unfortunate that this country has degenerated into such a polarized place, as this should be viewed as good news for the american worker and the american economy...

12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +599 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

Agree with that, I would have liked 1,000,000 jobs to be created even if it kept obama in. The reason I am so anti obama is I don't think his policies can allow success.

Turns out it was less than 100K - while a gain, not even enough to keep up with additions to the labor force. Again, the rate went down even though it really didn't - I don't care if Reagan started this method of counting they need to cut out this stupid way of coming up with an unemployment rate. It should be very easy for a true unemployment rate not this stupidity of taking out people who have stopped looking - THEY ARE STILL UNEMPLOYED.

I'm not sure the American people realize that 96K doesn't keep up with the labor force additions; if not this may still help obama although it's not good news.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Well the Non Farm Payroll report turned out to ge a disaster.

98,000 jobs added but 368,000 (working age) people left the workforce, according to the household report 119,000 lost jobs, so they will report the unemployment rate dropped. 4 times as many people left the workforce as got jobs.

Oh yeah July job numbers revised DOWN 20k jobs.

No Hope and Change for that group.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  14. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +650 / 13 / -28

Jobs growth cools in August, seen forcing Fed's hand - Yahoo! Finance

15. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +191 / 3 / -1

We're caught in a vicious circle here.

The only thing that can stimulate the kind of demand that will give employers the incentive to create new jobs at the kind of levels needed to turn this economy around is a vibrant (i.e., spending) middle class. The Rich might create a market for a few Lamborghini's, Brentwood mansions and Gulfstream Jets, but it is the middle class that creates demand for millions of Ford Escapes, Washing Machines and vacation tickets.

But the middle class has lost nearly $7 trillion of equity in its homes and is more focused on deleveraging its excessive consumer, student and mortgage debt than it is on making home repairs and buying new automobiles. Average Family Income has actually declined since 2000 (Constant $$) and 8.3% understates the real unemployment level, given the large number who have given up and are no longer looking for work.

There is no recovery, unless you define years of stagnant growth, low wages and high unemployment as "recovery," which Japan tried to do.

Bernanke is the only one speaking the truth about this right now and neither party has the political courage to take the more radical steps that need to be taken. Perhaps everything has to collapse again, as some of us are suggesting is inevitable next year, before that will happen.

16. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +235 / 36 / -44

#87 Jersey

Yeah but the unemployment rate went 8.1% amazingly.An they are already touting 8.1% is a glorious victory for the Fuhrer.
    I have no doubt that we will get the same jobs report next month with an unemployment rate 7.9%.

I will bet anybody 50 bucks that the rate will be anything under 8% with basically the same non-jobs report in October.

I read somewhere that males out of the work force is the lowest since 1948.

17. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +235 / 36 / -44

#87 Jersey

Romney was absolutley correct about letting the housing market collapse and he basically got crushed for telling the truth.

18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 7 / -2

Pretty bleak jobs report. Only 96,000 jobs added, plus over 350,000 workers leaving the work force. To give you an idea of how the government works, the net loss of a couple hundred thousand job seekers actually lowered the unemployment rate. Arthur Anderson, is that you?

How long before we start hearing about the coming recession? European demand is in decline as they recede rapidly, and the shadow stats from China suggest a slowdown there as well.

Read more: Obama's DNC 2012 speech: Bleak unemployment numbers morning after Obama tells DNC 'our problems can be solved' | Mail Online

19. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +357 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

There needs to be a change in leadership.

Big business has no faith in Obama.

20. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -2

Your response would have been really clever as well if I ever endorsed Mitt or said that I thought he would make a good President. Obama = Bush on steroids and Mitt will probably be as much a disaster as Obama and then some.

We do not get what we deserve as a lot of people like to say. We are not given real options. We get to choose between two people that have already been bought and paid for.