Label on Patriots' Helmet: Insert Player, Perform Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Quite funny

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/061031

Label on Patriots' Helmet: Insert Player, Perform Well: Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell, Junior Seau -- nobody else in the league wants 'em, you put 'em in a Patriots uniform and they're stars. Last night on "Monday Night Football," the New England Patriots once again rolled out castoffs and who-dats to pound another team. Miami said Seau was washed up. Approximately 31 teams passed on Gabriel and Caldwell. Billy Yates started at guard for New England -- his first career start in four seasons. No, I'd never heard of him, either. Yates was cut by Miami, which has a terrible offensive line. Last night Yates played fine for New England. Ryan O'Callaghan started at right tackle for the Flying Elvii. O'Callaghan was the 13th tackle taken in April's draft, selected in the fifth round after a lot of glamour names went, and he's playing great while glamour-name, high-drafted tackles like Winston Justice aren't even on their teams' active lists. Whatever Bill Belichick has, he sprays it on new players awfully quick.

bump badump

Great "label", good article. Color me wrong. I was one that thought that wide receivers were not "interchangeable parts" and that the Patriots had gone too far in stonewalling both Givens and Branch. But, less than halfway through the season, we can probably say 'Deion who?", 'Givens who?'. I'm sure there will still be some bumps, wrong routes, dropped balls, etc., with all the new guys, but it's looking like we got a winnah!

Some have said,
"Your just rooting for laundry"The players come and go.
Hate to break it to them,but were rooting for the TEAM,and those that choose to be part of it.

Choose Greatness,you'll never regret it:singing:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill