PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Damn, I had officially given up on getting him and now they are just getting my hopes up again for what is probably a long shot with how desperate the Bears are.

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [merged]

On what basis are you claiming the Patriots are "being cheap to sign their own players"?

How many of our own players have been resigned? Bodden is asking 5-8 mil a year. Wilfork wants to get paid. Nothing has been done. When the players price gets to high the patriots either let them walk or trade them. We need quality players not bargain basement FA's.

this just in..

RapSheet

Confirmed. The Patriots are making a push for Julius Peppers, I'm told. A hard push. But Bears have inside track

Twitter / Ian R. Rapoport: Confirmed. The Patriots ar ...

Well, since Kraft is cheap and would never try for Peppers without Wilfork under contract, I am sure a hard push is $5.00 guaranteed, free lifetime passes to the Patriots Hall of Fame, and coupons for a free burger at CBS Scene as a contract offer.

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Rapoport at 10:58 AM:
This seems like a race with constant lead changes.

Well, since Kraft is cheap and would never try for Peppers without Wilfork under contract, I am sure a hard push is $5.00 guaranteed, free lifetime passes to the Patriots Hall of Fame, and coupons for a free burger at CBS Scene as a contract offer.

Your prob rights...:D

How many of our own players have been resigned? Bodden is asking 5-8 mil a year. Wilfork wants to get paid. Nothing has been done. When the players price gets to high the patriots either let them walk or trade them. We need quality players not bargain basement FA's.

It's the first day of free agency. What do you expect?

The Patriots have been negotiating with both Bodden and Wilfork. Unlike you, I have the patience to see how it bears out before declaring them cheap :rolleyes:

well.....the value of bodden to the pats depends on whether the pats get richard marshall.....if samuel was not worth 8M, then bodden is a laugher at that number

well.....the value of bodden to the pats depends on whether the pats get richard marshall.....if samuel was not worth 8M, then bodden is a laugher at that number

Samuel may be marginally better overall, but Bodden was the better cornerback last season.

So, no, not really that much of a laugher.

How can the Pats be making any sort of push for Peppers? Belichick and Caserio are asleep, lazy, incompetent and deliberately sabotaging the quality of the roster through their apathetic attitudes.

I wonder what's making them go after peppers all of a sudden, I hope talks with the vw camp didn't fall through.

Sounds like its a pipe dream though, the bears will pay out the nose to keep him from leaving chicago...

Schefter says he doesnt believe it, and he will be a bear.

I'll be happy if we get him, and happy if we don't. We should still be building a pipeline and pass rush through the Draft.

I have my concerns about him, I'll be honest.

Sounds like its a pipe dream though, the bears will pay out the nose to keep him from leaving chicago...

Agreed. They will not be able to face their fans if they lose him at this point.

if you were peppers, would you listen to what the pats had to say? the bears are certainly capable of preventing him from leaving, but peppers will be making more than haynesworth if they succeed, and then they will become a laughingstock when they have to dump tommie harris and greg olsen to pull it off......

I'll be happy if we get him, and happy if we don't. We should still be building a pipeline and pass rush through the Draft.

I have my concerns about him, I'll be honest.

You guys can follow my twitter list or grab the RSS feed to stay up-to date on all the big Football insiders..

Twitter / @BlendahTom/football

then there's the phone call....'Julius, there's a private plane sitting at midway waiting to take you to foxborough for a tour of the facility and a talk with the front office' ...... for a moment, there is silence in the room, then the bears people start to cry

I think kampmann is going to wind up with the bears

maybe BB will be getting kickbacks from peppers for getting his deal jacked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back