Lions trade LB Kyle Van Noy (& 7th) to Patriots for 6th round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Marissa Powell, Miss Utah

OK! I approve.

YES_zpssjx9bncf.gif

From the Lions board on Scouts.com:
And, from an earlier thread there (I think someone referred to this):

It's funny that the post from the Lions message board says that KVN can't do any of the things that he excelled at in college..

Like we should put any credence in some random message board poster from another teams message board..

It sounds like Azo is referring to Barktevious Mingo. I also think BB may have at least one more trade left to do, possibly a big one.

I dont think he has the size.

I meant weight.

I think at 1 point in Cleveland he was around 215lbs. Thats wayyyy to small to play LB.

I guess it all depends on the role that BB envisions KVN to play. People here maybe shouldn't expect Ayers, Hicks level or involvement but more along the lines of Jonathan Casillas.

I meant weight.

I think at 1 point in Cleveland he was around 215lbs. Thats wayyyy to small to play LB.

Mingo was 227lbs in January when the season was done for Cleveland.. During the off-season, he went on a nearly 6,000 Calorie diet and put on 20 lbs.. Who knows where he is at now.. But the guy is jacked..

LB health has been problematic this year:
  • Hightower -- great player who keeps getting dinged up
  • Collins -- great player who keeps getting dinged up
  • Freeny -- IR
  • Roberts -- dinged up in his breakout game
  • McClellin -- can't get/stay on the field
I don't think BB has fixed ideas right now for what roles guys will fill. He probably wants multiple candidates in the hope that SOMEBODY will be both effective and healthy.

I think KVN is essentially best suited to rush the passer on 3rd downs. In college most of his great plays were made in the backfield as a pass rusher. I think that's his strength. Playing him in coverage seems to greatly expose his weaknesses, and it looks like Detroit made him play that way a lot. Hopefully Belichick will identify his strengths and maximize them. He probably isn't an every down player, but I think he can be effective in the proper role. Also remember, Belichick worked this guy out personally leading up to the 2014 draft. He must think he has a pretty good feel for what he can do.

She ain't bad...but I wouldn't put them in the same class. No sir :D
I agree. You could find the same quality in some of the high-end sections of Billerica putting up inflatable Christmas decor on the lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes