PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Love released

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame that the Seymour bridge has been burned so badly that it'll never even be a consideration for one second, because we all know that he can still be a viable player--especially in this system.

On top of that, he seems to still have a strange overvalued sense of self-worth, which may actually keep him sitting on the couch this season.

You don't know that for a fact... :rolleyes:

Forston was a high end UDFA last year. Same with Grissom this year. Belichick is culling out players with contracts that expire after 2013.

Real surprising move here by the Pats. They are now very thin upfront behind Vince. Why would they release Deaderick if they were aware of Love's situation? What do they have to lose by keeping either Love or Deaderick around? At least keep them til camp and make the decision then. Makes little sense to cut bait now.

Interesting how they cut a guy because of diabetes, yet fall in love with the a guy who has had a heart attack.

I'll assume that you aren't serious with this statement.

Seymour himself and anyone involved in his circle have gone on the record to state that he "wants paid" this season, as has been talked about many times not only here but around the NFL media outlets. It's widely believed that is the primary reason why Seymour hasn't seen a sniff of want from anyone around the NFL.

On top of that, Seymour held out of camp here, was a malcontent at times, and stated that "there were 31 NFL teams who he'd consider playing for."

If those aren't hints to say that K.O'Connell would be brought back before Richard Seymour would, then I don't think you have been following the team very closely. Bill Belichick isn't going to consider bringing back Seymour, unless he's going to take an enormous pay reduction....and even then, I'd have to say that the odds would be pretty slim that both sides would be able to reconcile their differences.

That's pretty much exactly why Big-T added his winking/smiling emoticon when he made the statement.

Seymour has stated that he is willing to play for 31 teams. Team #32 is the Patriots. The Pats waited until his kids were established in school before trading him. He had to delay joining the Raiders until he resettled his
family.

Something happened along the way.. our Love has gone away.. :(

After the Love is Gone

Has anyone check in on OTG to see how he is holding up?

Forston was a high end UDFA last year. Same with Grissom this year. Belichick is culling out players with contracts that expire after 2013.

Ehhh, Forston was signed for 10K bonus last year and Grissom 8K bonus this year, I believe. Not exactly high end bonuses there. Pats seem to be counting on Armstead & hoping one or 2 of the UDFA's stick. Still seem like weird moves to release both guys this early on.

Hell I wish big Sey was looking for another ring . He knows that there is alot of love for him here. Time heals all wounds......BB .make it happen :)

Why would they release Deaderick if they were aware of Love's situation?.

Love and Deaderick are very different players. Releasing one doesn't mean a whole lot to the other.

Its entirely possible that they knew Love was going to be cut, and they released Deaderick because he just wasn't going to make the team.

Seymour has stated that he is willing to play for 31 teams. Team #32 is the Patriots. The Pats waited until his kids were established in school before trading him. He had to delay joining the Raiders until he resettled his
family.

On top of that enormous reason, he has an enormous overvalued sense of what he should be paid, which his led to no one showing any serious interest in him.

Even if that issue were somehow taken care of (highly doubtful since we all know that Seymour's been interested in money..money..and more money during his NFL career), the bad blood between he and Bill Belichick isn't going to be able to be fixed.

Belichick has made exceptions before with contract negotiations and business etc, but I don't think anyone really considers Seymour anything close to a realistic option to come back here.

family.

Not that I think he will be acquired, but I can't understand how he wouldn't be just as mad at Al Davis for that. It takes two parties to execute a trade--not one. And it's the nature of the industry he works in. Players get traded. It has to be an expectation on his part to have that kind of unpredictability. That's the nature of being a pro athlete.

But that's another story--and an old story.

Very surprised that BB let Love flutter away like that. ;)

I'll assume that you aren't serious with this statement.

Seymour himself and anyone involved in his circle have gone on the record to state that he "wants paid" this season, as has been talked about many times not only here but around the NFL media outlets. It's widely believed that is the primary reason why Seymour hasn't seen a sniff of want from anyone around the NFL.

On top of that, Seymour held out of camp here, was a malcontent at times, and stated that "there were 31 NFL teams who he'd consider playing for."

If those aren't hints to say that K.O'Connell would be brought back before Richard Seymour would, then I don't think you have been following the team very closely. Bill Belichick isn't going to consider bringing back Seymour, unless he's going to take an enormous pay reduction....and even then, I'd have to say that the odds would be pretty slim that both sides would be able to reconcile their differences.

That's pretty much exactly why Big-T added his winking/smiling emoticon when he made the statement.

Saban and BB are still friends even after Saban took the Dolphins job as a rival. The past doesn't always mean that people can't be civil afterwards.

Parcells talks to BB even though there were bad blood for some time.

I still talk with a few ex's.

Anything is possible. Even Mangina and BB talking. Doubtful, but, possible.

So much for the great cheap DT depth we had not that long ago -- Deaderick, Love, Weston, Pryor ...

Agree these seem to strange moves from the outside which strip the team of their depth on the line should injuries occur prior to the season.

Guessing these were courtesy releases so they could latch on with another team.

Have a memory of reading that they wanted to bulk up Bequette. Perhaps he will follow a Keith Traylor type of positional change. Perhaps Cunningham has bulked up more.

Hopping it is not like a few years ago when we released Merriweather and Sanders and the injury bug hit.

Reports from Cole (yahoo sports) and Florio (PFT) state that Seymour "wants to be paid...a lot."

Here is the exact quote from a story posted about a week ago:

"A lack of clarity about Seymour’s desire to play wasn’t the only thing standing in the way of a deal. There’s also the question of how much money he wants to sign up for another tour of duty and a report from Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports early this offseason indicated that he wanted to be “paid a lot” to suit up in 2013. If he hasn’t dropped those demands, there may not be a ton of interest."

On top of that enormous reason, he has an enormous overvalued sense of what he should be paid, which his led to no one showing any serious interest in him.

Even if that issue were somehow taken care of (highly doubtful since we all know that Seymour's been interested in money..money..and more money during his NFL career), the bad blood between he and Bill Belichick isn't going to be able to be fixed.

Belichick has made exceptions before with contract negotiations and business etc, but I don't think anyone really considers Seymour anything close to a realistic option to come back here.

It's possible that he plans on being retired.

All I'm saying is that anything is possible.

That actually makes sense. Big Sey knows that his chance for another ring is dwindling down. Who knows?

He's already won three. He doesn't need another ring. He needs further financial security for his family.

"There's 31 other teams..." makes it pretty clear.

As for Love, that's too bad. Best of luck to him in the future. Have to think that the team didn't know of the potential severity of his condition, or else I don't think they would have cut Deaderick. DT seems pretty thin right now.

Nothing of value was lost. Love was a jag.

Love was terrific in 2011, but a JAG in 2012. I don't know who he'll be going forward, but if the Patriots think it's going to be closer to his 2012 form then I'm all for the release.

It's possible that he plans on being retired.

All I'm saying is that anything is possible.

Anything is always possible, Clare. I agree.

I don't think the odds are too good for various reasons though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes