PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Love released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players get waived for reasons related to non-football injuries all the time.

If Love had been afflicted by an illness that would erode his eyesight over the next 8 months, should the league be required to adapt to his newfound blindness?

No, I didn't read the CBA cover to cover, but it seems incredibly unlikely that the league would leave themselves open to that. Or, as someone on another site put it with sarcasm:

Thanks for the polite and thoughtful response. I do, however, think the quote you offer at the end is not just "sarcasm," but rather a trivializing of an important concern.

I still just "don't know." You set up a strawman in your suggested case of someone with deteriorating eyesight. Clearly the NFL would not have to adapt its play or rules to someone with that disability, but there could well be provisions in the CBA for how that or any disability is managed. I just don't know.

Of the 32 teams out there, it was my impression (albeit a subjective one) that the Patriots are actually more willing than most (or even all) to take a risk on talented players with known potentially career ending health issues.

But all this is conveniently forgotten when a hack "journalist" wants to vent his Napoleonic spleen in a series of hatchet "You should sue the Patriots" articles.

I don't think I'm missing your point at all, nor am I including Love and Wright in my comment. LeKevin Smith and Deaderick are hits as far as the 6th/7th round is concerned.

We don't disagree about the draft capital invested.

Baloney! Why did you start at 2004? So you coud exclude first round draft picks used successfuly on Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, and Vince Wilfork? I wouldn't used much draft capital after I had acquired that trio either...

Thanks for the polite and thoughtful response. I do, however, think the quote you offer at the end is not just "sarcasm," but rather a trivializing of an important concern.

I still just "don't know." You set up a strawman in your suggested case of someone with deteriorating eyesight. Clearly the NFL would not have to adapt its play or rules to someone with that disability, but there could well be provisions in the CBA for how that or any disability is managed. I just don't know.

Fair enough, though I don't think I set up a straw man. Think about how fine the language would have to be to allow for my scenario but disallow Love's situation. It just seems incredibly unlikely, especially when you are dealing with the athletic realm where very minor physical differences are all that separates an all pro from a guy fighting for spot #53.

Baloney! Why did you start at 2004? So you coud exclude first round draft picks used successfuly on Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, and Vince Wilfork? I wouldn't used much draft capital after I had acquired that trio either...

LOL!

Yeah, it was somewhat self-fulfilling, but I think there is some truth to it. Warren's Patriot career essentially ended in 2008 and Sey's been gone for half a decade now. And it isn't as if there weren't signs with both of them that you might want to rebuild the pipeline.

Something tells me DL is going to get a prominent look-see come next April...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back