PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see if getting K. Brady on the field affects formation preferences in any way. Initially, one would think no, but I'm sort of perplexed at the lack of 2 TE sets.
We used that formation a lot last year, but not so far this year.
I sthis a change in philosiphy? Are we going to use more "standard" formations (2 wr, 1 TE)?

What's different about this year is that BB can deploy a strong run blocking and pass threat 2 TE formation with Brady & Watson, PLUS he now has a selection of wideouts that can be deployed as serious deep threats plus good slot receiver capability over the middle. What this means is that opposing Ds have to do serious preparation for every conceivable threat. BB will use the 1st qtr to test defenses and see where they're weakest.

Last edited:
Kyle Brady is almost 40

In the same way that Maroney is almost 30.

Kyle Brady's good, but Graham is the best blocking TE I've ever seen... he was a better blocker than Light. You can't say that Brady's going to do any more than Graham did, and Graham was a better receiver; the addition of Brady doesn't do anything that having Graham last year didn't do. Dan Graham's still the better player (and frankly, I'd rather have him than Watson considering Dave Thomas is going to be a stud).

Last edited:
Rivers did a fantastic job blocking last night and has been at least solid in the games he's played.

he did do a great job. But we know that Brady can do that for 16 games against the games best. The same can't be said about Rivers. There's just more confidence in Brady's skills. And besides, since Watson doesn't block too well and Mills may be cut, we should have more than one quality blocking tight end. This offensive line can be...inconsistent. Some of the O-line's bad pass protection games can be helped with the extra manpower. So they'll both make the team unless Kyle is really hurt.

What's different about this year is that BB can deploy a strong run blocking and pass threat 2 TE formation with Brady & Watson, PLUS he now has a selection of wideouts that can be deployed as serious deep threats plus good slot receiver capability over the middle. What this means is that opposing Ds have to do serious preparation for every conceivable threat. BB will use the 1st qtr to test defenses and see where they're weakest.

I can dig it.
Looking forward to seeing what happens when they start going from 2 TE sets right into the spread formation. It's gotta drive opposing D's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back