PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

notex

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anyone else catch him on WEEI....he seems like a good fit, basically said he didnt mind comming in here and playing a role for NE. Also had alot of praise for BB and was excited about playing with brady...something along those lines. Seems like a good guy, they were joking around telling him its about 2 degrees here while hes down there in jacksonville so he better get ready...i only caught hte tail end, did he say anything else interesting...

Something that stuck was that he said that no player can pass up an opportunity to come and play for NE, and that they have done a really good job of finding guys (like dillon) that want to spend their last few years on a team ready to be contenders..

We're becomming the Yankees in FA players eyes.

Creepy.

very

Creepy.

I caught the beginning of this softball interview and he didn't seem like a good fit at all... he called BB a "schmuck" and complained openly about being behind Ben Watson and David Thomas on the tight end depth chart. Also said the Pats running a spread offense meant Brady wasn't going to get him the ball enough even if he was starting... Seemed like a bad guy, every time a joke was made about Jacksonville he sat there for four seconds in silence before saying something like "That's not funny." But I guess he really opened up towards the end...

One part that was really memorable was when he said that he would gladly have passed up the "opportunity" to play for NE because they have a habit of being the graveyard for once-great players like himself and Dillon. He said don't be surprised if he gets injured halfway through the season because they asked him to do something completely unreasonable for a man his age.

LINK........

The 35-year-old Brady said he was pleasantly surprised that the Patriots showed the level of interest they did, bringing him in on the first day of free agency and signing him.

Brady spoke of his role as a player representative for the Jaguars and how he's enjoyed meeting players from around the league. Through that role, he met Patriots players Larry Izzo, Mike Vrabel and Don Davis, and called them good character guys.

In meeting with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Brady realized that the Patriots' offense had some connection to what he ran with the Jets under Bill Parcells (1997-98). "It's similar terminology," he said.

Brady said his role as a pass catcher had diminished since coach Tom Coughlin left the team after the 2002 season.

Asked about playing with Tom Brady, he said: "I might have to ask to see if there is any relation, that somewhere back in Ireland we might have mutual relatives. It will be kind of fun. I've never played with another Brady."
Hope that answered your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back