PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is about 90% of Graham at 50% of the cost.

If he plays all 16 games it also provides more value than signing Graham.

There probably is not a better blocking TE on the market with the exception of Graham. And that is the only thing the Pats are looking at for this spot. Watson and Thomas are going to be the pass catchers. Brady is coming in strictly as a blocker. He's tough, physical, and is going to help open holes for the running game.

I agree with all of this, it's an excellent signing that plugs a hole. I've said it elsewhere, but Thomas is a legitimate talent who in this year's draft would probably be the #2 TE off the board. Watson-Thomas-Brady-Mills looks like a rock-solid group.

In his announcement, Reiss has Brady listed as 6'2" not 6'6". How tall is he? No, not Reiss, Brady. No, not Tom Brady, Kyle Brady.

Brady is about 90% of Graham at 50% of the cost.

Exactly, I think this was a brilliant FA transaction.

They made a realistic attempt to bring Graham back, which failed. They then went to the "value" well and picked up easily the best available substitute for the skills they lost................... at pretty reasonable wages too.

..... and seriously, even at 35, How much less durable can he be then Graham was?

An excerpt from scouts inc on Kyle Brady who they list at 6'6 280:

"He is almost just an extra offensive lineman at this point of his career. Brady is very large for a tight end with a big thick body and excellent functional strength. He is a fantastic inline blocker in the run game with the power to move defensive ends off the ball. He has great experience and understands angles, hand placement and footwork. He keeps his feet driving and finishes."

1 issue..he makes Tom's jersey uglier

now Tom will have

T. Brady instead of just Brady

good signing..not as good as Graham but hes a very good blocker and a great guy and Jaguar fans are saying he deserves a chance on a great team.

as a receiver he wont be anything like Graham really ..not as fast and not as big of a threat but as a blocker..hes a few notches behind Graham.

From reading this, he is in essence slower than Grahm, not as big a pass catching threat and not as good a blocker.....heck...why didn't they contact me?

I think we overpaid, but I guess we will have to see how it all plays out. The best news in this is that I expect to see a lot more of Dave Thomas this year.

From reading this, he is in essence slower than Grahm, not as big a pass catching threat and not as good a blocker.....heck...why didn't they contact me?

I think we overpaid, but I guess we will have to see how it all plays out. The best news in this is that I expect to see a lot more of Dave Thomas this year.

giving him basically 2 mil per year is overpaying? maybe a few years ago but the new cap makes everyone seem overpaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back