PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady, Moss and Stallworth added to injury report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynastyDriven

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Injury report
Mike Reiss

The Patriots released their Thursday injury report and two players who did not practice Wednesday -- safety Eugene Wilson and guard/center Billy Yates -- were upgraded. The team did not have any players who missed the entire workout.

Limited participation in practice:
TE Kyle Brady (team decision)
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)
WR Randy Moss (team decision)
G Stephen Neal (shoulder)
WR Donte' Stallworth (knee)
TE David Thomas (foot)
WR Kelley Washington (hamstring)
S Eugene Wilson (ankle)
DL Mike Wright (knee)
C/G Billy Yates (shoulder)

Kyle Brady, Randy Moss and Donte' Stallworth are additions to the report

except they're not really injured

Injury report
Mike Reiss

The Patriots released their Thursday injury report and two players who did not practice Wednesday -- safety Eugene Wilson and guard/center Billy Yates -- were upgraded. The team did not have any players who missed the entire workout.

Good. Resting Brady and Moss makes (some) sense. Stallworth . . . not so good.

Moss must have gotten suspended!! Just kidding.

it's not at all unlikely that the patriots will try to limit Moss' (and Stallworth's) practicing and playing in certain weeks and for certain games. it's a long season. in 20/20 hindsight, it was a brilliant move to keep Moss out of half of training camp and all the preseason games.

In Bill We Trust.

I'm hoping Stallworth will not be a china doll this year

Moss has been limited in every Thursday practice since the first week of the season. I think I'm detecting a pattern here.

I don't recall with K. Brady, but I wouldn't doubt if the same went for him.

it's not at all unlikely that the patriots will try to limit Moss' (and Stallworth's) practicing and playing in certain weeks and for certain games. it's a long season. in 20/20 hindsight, it was a brilliant move to keep Moss out of half of training camp and all the preseason games.

In Bill We Trust.
I think Moss probably had his butt in a classroom learning the playbook all that time.

If the team can win in the regular season keeping the big guns holstered for big chunks of the game, that's A-OK. Let everyone get the game time and spread the wealth. The depth in the playoffs will be worth it.

I think Moss probably had his butt in a classroom learning the playbook all that time.

If the team can win in the regular season keeping the big guns holstered for big chunks of the game, that's A-OK. Let everyone get the game time and spread the wealth. The depth in the playoffs will be worth it.

No real response to your message, but I have to say that your signature kicks ass.

Moss gets every Thursday off. Resting Brady isn't a big deal, he's an older player and Belichick knows what he can do. Stallworth will probably be fine. Geno is the one that worries me.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see less of Moss this Sunday. Save him from the hits so he can be 100% for the game in Cincy. The Bengals has a fast and young secondary although they're very inconsistent. Brady struggled a bit at the beginning of the Bengals game last year, granted his leading WR's were Caldwell and C. Jackson.

They're just giving Moss and Kyle a partial day off. This way they'll both be more fresh come sunday.

Stallworth I'm not sure about. Although he wasn't listed before he still could have injured his knee during the game or practice and it didn't start really bothering him until now. It could also be absolutely nothing.

Geno's at least taking part in practice so what ever ankle injury he could have might not be all that bad. Hopefully it isn't and he plays sunday. Even if he misses the game NE still has Meriweather and Sanders so I'm not that worried.

Stephen Neal is the guy I want to be ready to go sunday since Yates is also hurt, and if neither of the two plays sunday the Pats will be a little thin at the position.

I was kind of surprised AD wasn't on the list since it seemed he at least sprained one of his fingers (had them taped after coming off the field). Must be fine, or the Patriots are just trying to limit info again :)

Moss is probably just worn out from running the ball into the endzone all the time. :cool:

...not to say anything about the pounding that he receives by congratulating teammates! :D

Good thing we have a bye week.

Can we even call the midweek reports "injury reports" now that "team decision" is one of the categories? It's just a practice participation report.

Memo from league office to Coach Belichick...

"Hahaha, very funny! You know darned well that sitting down for five minutes does not constitute that a player had a limited practice. We are fully aware that you are messing with us and we're this close to having another hissy fit. Please stop making a mockery of our rules or we'll have Polian make up a new one just for you."

PS..."After reviewing your video tape collection, regarding the one of Mangini where he's wearing a speedo with a cutout, is that his wife or his dog on the bottom? Got anymore?"

Roger Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey