PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady had actually walked off the team in mid season according to this article

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Apparently Kyle Brady left this team for a short time somewhere in the 2007 mid season because he was getting repeated reminders about his lack of effort and screw-ups in practice and walked away from the team for a little while.

I never knew this happened but somehow the team quietly got him to return somewhere along the lines apparently without the media knowing this because I had not heard this before reading this article today.

Kyle was the biggest waste of the teams FA acquisitions last year and I am glad his old arse is not back - He did not block like he used to and his age appears to have caught up with him.

We hit the Jackpot on a Brady 8 years ago we went broke on another Brady last year - you can't win them all.

This article starts off with a good read about Fernando Bryant too...

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080525/SPORTS/805250373/-1/rss04

Last edited:
Re: Kyle Brady had actually walked off the team in mid season according to this artic

I find that interesting that this could happen in a spotlight with NO press...was the press some of them TOO much into 'liegate" and missing other things?? THAT is disappointing if it did happen..there were some that thought he could return..BUT now...NFW!!! by-bye KB!! And I really thought a vet like him GOT it...WRONG!!! Surprised by both that he was that bad, did NOT care and left and that no one found out.

Re: Kyle Brady had actually walked off the team in mid season according to this artic

I find that interesting that this could happen in a spotlight with NO press...was the press some of them TOO much into 'liegate" and missing other things?? THAT is disappointing if it did happen..there were some that thought he could return..BUT now...NFW!!! by-bye KB!! And I really thought a vet like him GOT it...WRONG!!! Surprised by both that he was that bad, did NOT care and left and that no one found out.

I agree , You know you just have to wonder if the team had Daniel Graham blocking in the Super Bowl instead of Worthless Kyle would the outcome have been different? - Brady could have had another second or two to find open guys with a solid blocking TE out there to help the pathetic OL that game - But why rehash things that COULD have been I guess :(

If Kyle Brady missed one or two days I could see how it wouldn't be noticed by the press. It's not as if he was the go to guy for quotes and analysis mid-week leading up to the next game. Even though it was a new team and the Pats run a complex scheme, it was rather disappointing that he not only ran poor routes, but he was also not as effective a blocker as he was expected to be.

Thats what happens when you pick up player that spend their formative years with the Jets.

Thats what happens when you pick up player that spend their formative years with the Jets.
Good one!

Thanks, now I have to clean up the beer I spit out of my mouth laughing that landed on the keyboard. Good thing replacement keyboards are cheap.

He may have had disputes or an attitude problem, but that "less than adequate blocker" looked pretty damned good to me early in the season.

I like Pires and had some nice conversations with him over on the Planet, but haven't we learned not to take these stories without a grain of salt?

Let's face it, well balanced, qualified stories are bland. Isolation and exaggeration make for spectacle.

Maybe they weren't 100% happy with his blocking when he was healthy.

But less than adequate? Compared to what, an elephant? The guys huge and moves bodies.

He may have had disputes or an attitude problem, but that "less than adequate blocker" looked pretty damned good to me early in the season.

I like Pires and had some nice conversations with him over on the Planet, but haven't we learned not to take these stories without a grain of salt?

Let's face it, well balanced, qualified stories are bland. Isolation and exaggeration make for spectacle.

Maybe they weren't 100% happy with his blocking when he was healthy.

But less than adequate? Compared to what, an elephant? The guys huge and moves bodies.
I agree, that was my initial response. I remember Brady doing a pretty job blocking early in the season. The other stuff may or may not be true, and he was released, so something was going on, but I'm not sure how much of this story to believe.

I agree, that was my initial response. I remember Brady doing a pretty job blocking early in the season. The other stuff may or may not be true, and he was released, so something was going on, but I'm not sure how much of this story to believe.

Brady's always pretty, wether he's blocking or not. Oh, were talking about Kyle.

I'm not sure how much of this story to believe.

Well, I believe the story -- and here's my reasoning. Pires is a beat writer for the Patriots and, so far as I know, a pretty good one. Obviously, his work is made easier if he has a good relationship with the Patriots. Why would he jeopardize it by printing a story that turns out to be false (especially one that is negative about a Patriots player -- in this case, admittedly, an ex-player)? One reason might be if you thought that you had a national scoop and were so immature that you let the excitement override your need to check your story (whom could I be thinking of here?). But a story this size? Not even a certain Herald columnist, I think.

And as for the story itself: who was the "position coach" who said such nasty things to poor ickle Kyle that he had to run away and hide? Pete Mangurian has been a coach for 28 years, was Head Coach at Cornell, offensive line coach and offensive co-ordinator with the Falcons. I know that looks can be deceptive but it's hard for me to see the bespectacled middle aged face on the Patriots' web site as a scary drill sergeant from Marines basic training ...

But perhaps he has this side to him: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?ID=34562

Apparently Kyle Brady left this team for a short time somewhere in the 2007 mid season because he was getting repeated reminders about his lack of effort and screw-ups in practice and walked away from the team for a little while.

I never knew this happened but somehow the team quietly got him to return somewhere along the lines apparently without the media knowing this because I had not heard this before reading this article today.

Kyle was the biggest waste of the teams FA acquisitions last year and I am glad his old arse is not back - He did not block like he used to and his age appears to have caught up with him.

We hit the Jackpot on a Brady 8 years ago we went broke on another Brady last year - you can't win them all.

This article starts off with a good read about Fernando Bryant too...

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080525/SPORTS/805250373/-1/rss04

If ever you wanted an example of how quite and in house the Patriots can/will/do keep things, there it is.

A guy WALKS off the team and no one know until 5 months after the season has ended. Amazing.

These guys are starting to make the boys down at The Augusta National Golf Club look like pikers.

I've got no problem with Pires.

It's the level of journalism that's expected. You have to demonize a bit. I guess they might have been disappointed in his attitude and play and most of what they needed was blocking. Nevertheless, even late in the season it was noted how Maroney and company , including Brady, stuffed it down the throat of San Diego.

Slamming people sells papers and I am disappointed if this Brady situation is true.

However, compared to TEs in the league, I have trouble believing he was a less than adequate blocker.

My gf met Kyle Brady here in PA.
They went to the same church and he autographed her bible as funny as that is this was when he was in Penn State.
He seemed like a real nice guy then I can't bash the guy even if he got frustrated and walked out.
At least he kept it quiet and didn't bash us in the media Ross Tucker:mad:

I also believethis happens quite often. It's a tough frustrating game with a lot of practicing and discipline issues.

Too bad Brady and the team didn't mesh. I can't for the life of me see why teams can't find blocking TEs that can catch a ball here or there.

Might have to do with the deemphasis of the fullback position.

And as for the story itself: who was the "position coach" who said such nasty things to poor ickle Kyle that he had to run away and hide? Pete Mangurian has been a coach for 28 years, was Head Coach at Cornell, offensive line coach and offensive co-ordinator with the Falcons. I know that looks can be deceptive but it's hard for me to see the bespectacled middle aged face on the Patriots' web site as a scary drill sergeant from Marines basic training ...

But perhaps he has this side to him: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?ID=34562
lol, it might have been Scar if it was blocking related. He's a salty fellow! I adore him though....best OL coach in the league.
I agree the story seems odd (though I don't doubt Pires, more odd because I am surprised about it)...most of the season I was loving the way he acted as a third tackle and thought he was a great addition. I didn't expect him to be some Dallas Clark-like route runner or even catch many balls.

I wasn't impressed with KB's blocking in 2006 with Jax, so it came as no surprise that his blocking deteriorated as 2007 progressed. And while he may have been superior to Dan Graham as a 2nd LT/RT, he wasn't close to Grahambo's equal as a Wham blocker. His immobility was obvious, and he will not be missed. Too bad the FO couldn't pry Reggie Kelly from the bungles; he and Adalius and Justin Griffith were my primary FA targets in March of '07.

Last edited:

I think we will see heath evans who is bulking up and getting stronger every offseason lineing up more as blocking TE this year. He split wide as a receiver and a caught 2 balls i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes