PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady, Gaffney back at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not and to be honest, if Moss is even hurt at all I'd be surprised. Everyone knows what Moss can do and BB needs to see as uch of Gaffney, Caldwell, Kight, etc as possible. BB has a tough decision to make at WR and seeing Moss catch balls in the preseason isn't going to do much to help him with that decision.

I disagree completely here. The chemistry a QB and WR need to develop is key to a good offense. Theres no way they would keep Moss out of practice just to get a look at the other WRs. Brady and Moss need time together on the field.

Agree no way they would keep him out if he wasnt hurt, running patterns and timing with the QB is way to important and Moss hasnt done that for weeks.

From BB point of view we won without him last year we can do so this year lets get him 100%, why hurry him back on hammy type injury that often gets re-aggravated.

Kyle Brady and Jabar Gaffney at practice put Garrett Mills's and

Reche Caldwell's roster spots in jeopardy.

I'm not and to be honest, if Moss is even hurt at all I'd be surprised. Everyone knows what Moss can do and BB needs to see as uch of Gaffney, Caldwell, Kight, etc as possible. BB has a tough decision to make at WR and seeing Moss catch balls in the preseason isn't going to do much to help him with that decision.

I can't believe that. If Moss was going into his second or more years in our offense, I can see that. But Moss has had six days of getting acclimated to the offense and get timing with Brady.

Gaffney, Caldwell, and Kight were on the team last year. Why would Belichick need to see as much of these three as possible? He say them in practice and game situations a lot last year. I don't think Belichick's opinions of them changed much this preseason other than Gaffney making the next step, but we didn't need to get him a ton of time.

Besides, Stallworth was out for another week after Moss went out of camp. Gaffney has missed a week. Welker was getting a ton of reps before Moss went down.

The Pats may be overly cautious in getting Moss back on the field, but I doubt they are holding him out without an injury. Moss is behind the game in getting up to speed with this offense and getting his timing down with Brady and will probably be limited in action early in the season. Even if he comes back tomorrow, I don't think he starts against the Jets.

Man,

Real disappointed Moss is not back yet. So much for a "slight" injury. It's been how many weeks now?

I figured if they were being overly cautious, Moss would be back today.

Now I'm starting to think we may not see him week 1.

Very disappointing.

During Branch's last season, the Pats didn't have him play in the games either.

I didn't and don't expect Moss back before next week when he'll be with the team getting ready for the game against the Jets.

Meriweather and Willie Andrews, assuming Geno's injury is serious.

I think geno's too injury prone to count on him - and this is his contract year!! Meriweather and Willie have so much going for them and I, for one, would be happy with them as our FS along with Rodney and Sanders at SS.

I suspect the Patriots weighed two options...

1) the importance of Brady and Moss being totally in sync

2) the importance of Moss being TOTALLY healed, avoiding a lingering hamstring injury

...and went with erring on the side of option 2. Simple as that. Would they prefer he be totally healthy AND practicing with Brady? Sure. But given the choice, they went with the second option - and I'm glad they did, especially given Moss's natural ability. He and Brady will be fine.

I can't believe that. If Moss was going into his second or more years in our offense, I can see that. But Moss has had six days of getting acclimated to the offense and get timing with Brady.

Gaffney, Caldwell, and Kight were on the team last year. Why would Belichick need to see as much of these three as possible? He say them in practice and game situations a lot last year. I don't think Belichick's opinions of them changed much this preseason other than Gaffney making the next step, but we didn't need to get him a ton of time.

Besides, Stallworth was out for another week after Moss went out of camp. Gaffney has missed a week. Welker was getting a ton of reps before Moss went down.

The Pats may be overly cautious in getting Moss back on the field, but I doubt they are holding him out without an injury. Moss is behind the game in getting up to speed with this offense and getting his timing down with Brady and will probably be limited in action early in the season. Even if he comes back tomorrow, I don't think he starts against the Jets.

Moss has had a bit more than 6 days to "get acclimated". He came to camp early. Moved his schedule around to participate in some of the off-season program. And, just because he's not there for the MEDIA portion of the practice doesn't mean he's not there. He could be in studying tape for all we know.

Personally, until we get the injury report that says he's OUT for the Jets game, I would expect him to play.

i look forward to see Randy Moss on the field but not before week.1

wilson is injury prone he wont make it through the season

I was disappointed that Wilson wasn't re-converted to CB. I just don't think that he can play the more physically-demanding role of FS any longer.

Reiss has been mentioning that Wilson pulled up lame during the long TD by the Panthers. He said he played on the extra point attempt, but never got back in the game. Maybe he tweaked something, hopefully it wasn't anything serious and the training staff is just taking extra precautions since he has a recent history of injuries.

But hold on. Didn't Wilson spend last year on IR due to a hamstring? This does not strike me as cool at all.

I was disappointed that Wilson wasn't re-converted to CB. I just don't think that he can play the more physically-demanding role of FS any longer.

For the second time, he injured himself running without any contact. How is playing CB going to help exactly?

For the second time, he injured himself running without any contact. How is playing CB going to help exactly?

Maybe it can be looked at this way: if Wilson, playing FS, is injuring himself without contact, then what will happen to him when there is contact?

why write off wilson....I hope he comes back and it isnt serious...when he and rodney are back there they reek havoc...I understand geno has health issues but I hope he is ok and can contribute...

During Branch's last season, the Pats didn't have him play in the games either.

Well, that's true but Branch had already been here a few years and didn't he still practice? I'm not worried about Randy "The Invisible Man" Moss either. But that's because I don't think the Patriots really need him to be successful this year. It's like if you own a Lambgorghini. Why get the motor souped up to go faster when it already goes faster than you'd probably ever drive it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes