PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Arrington calls out bandwagon fans after loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very nice if we have one guy like Charlse Woodson, Ed Reed, or Polamalo..you know, just one guy that make some noise and motivate the secodary....but too bad we got none! If you put any TE or WR that is big and tall like Gronkstowsky on Arrington and Sergio Brown, they will get burned all day.

It's frustrating watching the game and seeing them not making play but swing their hands all over and committed penalties. With the safeties that we're having right now and the D can't stop the offense at critical time like yesterday, I'd rather not seeing them going into the playoffs and get embarrased.

Kyle will be an important key if the Patriots want to get out of this funk. He has played great this season, that interception was one hell of a play.

He isn't getting thrown at as much as last season, he'll continue to improve, he had one bad play IMO with the P.I. The coverage on Manningham was pretty good, just a nice throw.

I'm with Kyle, screw the bandwagoners.

Kyle will be an important key if the Patriots want to get out of this funk. He has played great this season, that interception was one hell of a play.

He isn't getting thrown at as much as last season, he'll continue to improve, he had one bad play IMO with the P.I. The coverage on Manningham was pretty good, just a nice throw.

Actually, McCourty is the key. His improved play yesterday was one of the primary reasons for the defense's improved play. I liked how much they went into man yesterday and you could see the stark improvement over the first few weeks. McCourty coming into form with Arrington playing the way he has would be huge for us.

I thought he got beat pretty badly on that fade. There isn't a QB in the NFL who can't make that throw so he might want to improve on that.

Like Troy Brown said today, when a player slows down, you need to turn your head..

Arrington failed to do that

Actually, McCourty is the key. His improved play yesterday was one of the primary reasons for the defense's improved play. I liked how much they went into man yesterday and you could see the stark improvement over the first few weeks. McCourty coming into form with Arrington playing the way he has would be huge for us.

If Mccourty can return to All-Pro form (he's slowing getting there) yes, that will be the key. I hope Kyle keeps improving as well, he is playing like the best #2 CB the pats have had for awhile. (Ellis Hobbs, Wilhite, Butler, Deltha Oneil, etc.)

I thought he got beat pretty badly on that fade. There isn't a QB in the NFL who can't make that throw so he might want to improve on that.

After watching he did get beat, was close though.

Last edited:
If Mccourty can return to All-Pro form (he's slowing getting there) yes, that will be the key. I hope Kyle keeps improving as well, he is playing like the best #2 CB the pats have had for awhile. (Ellis Hobbs, Wilhite, Butler, Deltha Oneil, etc.)

After watching he did get beat, was close though.

Hobbs was a much better CB than Arrington.

Kyle: just worry about playing football and we'll take care of being fans. M'kay?

I think Arrington is playing pretty well this year. Our fans ARE terrible...not all, but a lot of them

He shouldn't have said it because it is a waste of time.

This is one of the most entitled fanbases in the league. Brett Favre still pisses holy water for a lot of packer fans and his only real claim to fame is durability, his per game QB rating is not the top 10 stuff people try to make it out to be.

Imagine if Brady was playing in GB the last 10 years?

3 losses and fans are talking about wanting to replace or diminish Belichick's role?

So many doofuses in this fanbase it's ridiculous.

I have met Kyle Arrington and he is one of the most humble and respectful athletes I have ever met. I can understand his frustration and I was as frustrated as the next guy on how they lost. He shouldn't take it personal. He has been playing pretty good ( a few mistakes here and there for an undrafted player now thrust in as a starter.

He made a Ty Law like interception in the end zone.

An update via Tom E Curran: Arrington says Twitter ire was 'out of character'

Monday, Arrington told me his ire wasn't directed at the fans who showed up at Gillette Stadium and verbally registered their displeasure.

"It was just emotional," Arrington explained. "Emotions were running high. I didn't mean anything by it. I wasn't even talking about the fans (in the stadium), I was talking about people who follow me on Twitter just talking bad about me, the team, the defense. It was just stupid."

Arrington had a terrific game until the Giants final drive when he got whistled for a long pass interference penalty then beaten for a touchdown by Mario Manningham. He was responsible for saving the Patriots at least seven points earlier with a pass breakup at the goal line and an end zone pick.

"Ignore the noise is one of the things we preach here and it was out of character on my part (to respond)," said Arrington who added that he enjoys the Twitter back and forth with fans.

He shouldn't have said it because it is a waste of time.

This is one of the most entitled fanbases in the league. Brett Favre still pisses holy water for a lot of packer fans and his only real claim to fame is durability, his per game QB rating is not the top 10 stuff people try to make it out to be.

Imagine if Brady was playing in GB the last 10 years?

3 losses and fans are talking about wanting to replace or diminish Belichick's role?

So many doofuses in this fanbase it's ridiculous.

The poll on here today where the majority of posters wanted a new DC was... alarming, I'd say. That's just insane. What's so terrible about pointing out the failings w/r/t putting a talented team on the field? We're playing in a quarterback's era, and the Pats' defense might be the worst in the NFL at coverage. It's not because of the coaching: it's because there's a bunch of guys who can't cover out there. Either because they suck or because they're good at some things, but coverage clearly isn't one of them (Spikes, Chung)

Last edited:
You just lost a huge game where you played pretty well but you gave up a big penalty helping to aid the loss. So you're in a pissy mood. Then you get on twitter to see what's up with friends and blow off some steam and the biggest douchebags of your fan base have inundated you with nasty messages.

Think you might flip them the bird?

I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back