Kyle Arrington calls out bandwagon fans after loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Kyle Arrington calls out bandwagon fans after loss
By: John Morgan

Kyle Arrington responded to some upset fans on Twitter last night after the frustrating loss to the Giants in Foxboro....

Kyle: just worry about playing football and we'll take care of being fans. M'kay?

Hell I loved it. I want the players on the team to care about the team and it's fans I loved the Tweet

Kyle: just worry about playing football and we'll take care of being fans. M'kay?

Again , seems like he got personal messages from social media . So you think its okay to say to harass players and they should not respond.

for all the crap hes getting about the PI call(which was tickytack call.) people forget he gave us a chance to get back in the game after a fumble with his redzone INT..that couldve been 7points right there for the giants

Last edited:
for all the crap hes getting about the PI call(which was tickytack call.) people forget he gave us a chance to get back in the game after a fumble with his redzone INT..that couldve been 7points right there for the giants

Actually he defended the ball at the goal line on a 3rd down that lead to a field goal. With the rules you need a guy who can make a few good plays in a 2nd CB. He is not even the no 1 cornor.

Reading this board since yesterday's game was over, I'd say that Kyle pretty much nailed it. He probably shouldn't say it, mind you, but it is pretty obvious that an unfortunately very vocal part of our fan base is spoiled rotten and lacks proper perspective, living under the impression that the NFL just started to exist in the last 10 years or so.

Good for Arrington, I like the guy.

Of all the people, some one chose to pick on Arrington in social media (is this accurate? ) He had a pretty decent game along with that red zone int.

Again , seems like he got personal messages from social media . So you think its okay to say to harass players and they should not respond.

Harass? Do you know how Twitter works?

On one hand, he shouldn't have said that. OTOH, fans shouldn't be taking to twitter to take shots at players.

When a player gets mad because of boos, I said "get a thicker skin and/or go to hell". I can kinda understand Arrington's reaction here, though, since he's just responding honestly to people who are trying to engage him in a dialogue. He's giving them what they want, although his response is as ill-advised as the fans' initial tweets.

You can't directly and explicitly start a dialogue with someone then be mad when he participates in it.

My answer to the question that the article posed is in this vein: booing is fine, message board criticism is fine, media criticism is fine- players need to be able to take that in stride. But if a criticism is put directly to them as the start of a dialogue, whether it's over Twitter, in an interview, or otherwise, then it's not unreasonable for them to answer.

Whether Arrington's answer was justified/correct is a whole different question. He seems to think that we don't have a right to be displeased with watching the worst secondary in the NFL. He's wrong.

Last edited:
Of all the people, some one chose to pick on Arrington in social media (is this accurate? ) He had a pretty decent game along with that red zone int.

Bill Simmons called Arrington the worst Patriot other than Ochocinco in one of his tweets. Which confirmed what I've always known: that Simmons is ******* ******ed when it comes to analyzing football. He should really stick to basketball.

It's sad that Meriweather, who's not even on the team anymore, had to be the voice of reason for Arrington.

Kyle will put it down to a lesson learned and move forward a wiser man, I'm sure.

What this board since yesterday and Arrington getting abuse on Twitter shows is a number of this fan base knows nothing about Football.

Last edited:
I follow him on twitter and I'd say he is pretty cool on there he has tweeted me back a few times-he's actually pretty funny and he did wish my kid a happy birthday (just so I could embarrass my son--mothers can do that and getting a Patriot football player to say happy birthday to you did just the trick :))

Anyway, he only spoke the truth-too many fair weather fans spewing off at the mouth these days.

Good For Him I am happy he did this but it isn't going to change how fecking bad Our Pass Defense is. I Our D is that BAD that we make Henne, Sanchez, Eli , Romo, Campbell etc (look Top tier ), It is embarrassing that blah qb's look very very good against a 32nd ranked Patriot passing Defense. What is the point of the playoffs when we can't handle average teams durin the fake season?

I Love this team and Organization I really do
I am just not wearing my uber optimistically enhanced Stevie Urkle glasses today. I am being realistic about the future of this team this year.

I said it...Now, when will the Kool Aid drinkers come on here and rip me apart?

come_at_me_bro_3161.jpg

Last edited:
It's sad that Meriweather, who's not even on the team anymore, had to be the voice of reason for Arrington.

Kyle will put it down to a lesson learned and move forward a wiser man, I'm sure.

Aye. That Meriweather guy would look good in a Patriot uniform. He seems to be a good fit for the system.

Aye. That Meriweather guy would look good in a Patriot uniform. He seems to be a good fit for the system.

You can't keep a guy like Brandon Meriweather. If you do, you have to cut Sergio Brown.

You can't keep a guy like Brandon Meriweather. If you do, you have to cut Sergio Brown.

Suffering thru a year of OTJ learning is worth it for this immense potential talent

Last edited:
Good For Him I am happy he did this but it isn't going to change how fecking bad Our Pass Defense is. I Our D is that BAD that we make Henne, Sanchez, Eli , Romo, Campbell etc (look Top tier ), It is embarrassing that blah qb's look very very good against a 32nd ranked Patriot passing Defense. What is the point of the playoffs when we can't handle average teams durin the fake season?

I Love this team and Organization I really do
I am just not wearing my uber optimistically enhanced Stevie Urkle glasses today. I am being realistic about the future of this team this year.

I said it...Now, when will the Kool Aid drinkers come on here and rip me apart?

come_at_me_bro_3161.jpg

Do you think maybe the expectations of this team were too high--they can't be 14 and 2 every year. They have to be young and inexperienced at some point. Yes 32nd sucks but the defense played well enough for the team to win that game yesterday-the offense needs to put it together and get points on the board to help them out. Its no secret the defense has issues everybody has to step up and almost I hate to say "cover up" until these young guys get their NFL football legs under them. Remember these guys probably were not going to start at the start of the year and boom they were pretty much thrown to the wolfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes