PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kurt Warner Cries while Bledsoe steps up [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kurt Warner Cries while Bledsoe steps up

I blame Tomase for this. If your going to allege a serious allegation, then you better have concrete proof beyond what one unidentified "source " told you. Especially when many believe that this source is Walsh who has questionable credibility. Tomase opened a can of worms. It shoddy journalism and now people are running with it like its fact. The only goal that Tomase had in writing this was for is own personal benefit in that he would receive national notoriety.

This story has been out there for years. In fact, Tom Curran mentioned it in one of his articles in Spetember dismissing it as garbage. I don't know why Tomase reporting it now has gained so much attention when it really provides nothing new to the story other than the timing of the resurgency of the Spygate stuff and Matt Walsh and his bizzarre admittance and denial that he knows something else.

I don't blame Tomase because I think the NY Times and Mike Fish articles were trying to get to the same story that Tomase told. I am guessing Walsh is the cameraman in question and they were trying to get him to talk on or off the record.

Warner needs to give himself a thorough review of how poorly he played in that Super Bowl, especially the weak-kneed run at the goal line that resulted in his fumbling the ball. Had Tebucky Jones' return have stood, the game would have been a Pats romp.

yeah, pats "spying" is the reason why he hasn't been able to hold down a starting job ever since that game
:bricks:

I read the article and while Warner comes off as a little whiny, he is not the one drudging this stuff up. It's this Mike Fish guy (whoever he is). He called everybody he could who was on that Rams team until he could find someone who would say enough for him to put a story around. Warner isn't demanding an investigation, Fish is going to say what he's going to say regardless.

The sad thing is that not only is this bullshyt, but it is months old reheated bullshyt.

Tomase should be sued for plagiarism because this "story" was already written months ago. It was crap back then and it still is.

Just one more point of the illogic of this whole thing.

Supposedly the point of the whole videotaping was to steal DEFENSIVE SIGNALS to help the offense.

Yet the "walk-through" was supposedly OFFENSE and Red zone at that.

Even in the article warner says

Warner says he has no insight into the Patriots' methods, although he has heard from quarterbacks who gained an advantage because their teams stole signals.

"I've actually talked to people this year that said they played on teams that had the other team's signals," Warner says. "So as the quarterback, you go up to the line of scrimmage, and they're telling you in your helmet what coverage you are going to see, what play to check to. And those are obviously distinct advantages -- when you know what a team is going to do before you run a play and you have an idea as the quarterback where they are going to go, where you should go with the football. Now, bottom line: You still have to execute. You still have to react. You still have to block, throw and catch it. But it is a huge advantage."

So if this was the case - HOW COME WE WEREN'T ABLE TO GET MORE THAN 2 TDs and 2 FGs against them ?????? If we had such a huge advantage????

Faulk is probably foaming at the mouth right now, wanting desperately to go off on the Patriots. But I don't think the NFL will be taking this seriously until there is some actual evidence.

Nobody....NOBODY will go off on the Pats taping the Rams walk-through story. It's the biggest joke of all the "gate" stories ever published. The NFL network is owned by the NFL and will not engage in this non-issue unless there is evidence provided.

just heard mel kiper on espn radio tell the host, a nyer(bob valvano), that video taping the walkthru is meaningless. couldn't agree more. as soon as kiper hung up, valvano, a nyer, tried to belittle kiper. what a bastard. even though kiper knows a hundred times more about football than valvano does, he still persisted in disparaging him. typical new york bs.

Warner wanted to protest even harder and demand his 2nd ring, but his wife Brenda, told him to man up. And since she wears the pants, Kurt only got misty eyed and cranky, instead of breaking into a full fit with crocodiler tears and limbs flailing. What a wuss that guy is. He's lucky the Titans didn't beat him the year before.

One more thing - EVERYONE was stealing signals and stretching the videotape rules until the Pats got penalized. If we investigated the third string cameraman for every team for the past 10 years, I bet many have their stories. Tomase must be boycotted, as well as Herald and some of their advertisers. Yellow Journalism...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3227592

Apparently, Warner wants the league to do another thorough investigation of everything the Pats have done since the beginning of time. He didn't think there was anything suspicious about the Pats/Rams Super Bowl for five and a half years, but all the sudden thinks there is something fishy.

On the other hand, Bledsoe steps up big time and defends the Patriots. He say nothing happened in 2001 and that stealing signals is overblown and how he got an award in college for stealing signals.

His wife must have told him to say somthing.

yeah, pats "spying" is the reason why he hasn't been able to hold down a starting job ever since that game
:bricks:

And, if you read this carefully, it's clear that "the higher power" favors cheaters. Who knew this?!?

What a whiney baby!

I was cringing reading his quotes. Really, Kurt....Mike Martz was fired, and your career went into the sh ithole because the Patriots may have taped your WALKTHROUGH.

I'm honestly embarrassed for this dipsh it. Maybe someone should tell him God just obviously hates him.

Ugh Kurt, your record is 18-32 since Super Bowl 36...Did all those teams tape you too????
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WarnKu00_games.htm

Could it be that Belichick figured out a way to neutralize you and other teams copied it????

It's really quite pitiful to see Warner and all the Rams blame someone other than themselves for their "downfall"

I guess they can't accept the fact that they weren't that good in the first place

Loser - los·er (lzr)
n.
a. One that fails to win: the losers of the game.
b. One who takes loss in a specified way: a graceful loser; a poor loser.
2. One who blames someone else for their failings. (see: "Kurt Warner")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back