Kudos To The Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
THE OFFENSE
The announcers were ready to give five game balls to the OL when we were ahead 17 early in the 4th. They thought that our interior three were the best in the league. Connolly was in for awhile. Levoir was the 6th lineman at times. They had a fine game.

The offense was great throughout the game. I believe they played against a team who allowed the fewest points in the AFC. Mathis and Freeney are among the very best. Vollmer did great WITH HELP. Kaczur did get beaten by Mathis several times when he didn't have help. However, the bottom line is that the offense line (and the offense as a whole) was very, very good.

THE DEFENSE
What are we supposed to say? Are we to be proud that they held Manning to only 35 points? Belichick well understood the likelihood of Manning scoring from 30 yards or 80 yards with 2 minutes to go.

And just BTW, it is a bit difficulty playing DL without Warren and Green and Banta-Cain.

Kudos to everyone but Nick Kaczur. His inability to block Robert Mathis single handedly killed a couple of drives where Brady had to hurry the throw because Mathis was right in his face. Makes me wonder if we're moving Vollmer to RT once Light comes back.

Kazur played awful, I agree. I would like to see the Pats move Vollmer to RT when Light comes back. Vollmer is a stud.

THE OFFENSE
The announcers were ready to give five game balls to the OL when we were ahead 17 early in the 4th. They thought that our interior three were the best in the league. Connolly was in for awhile. Levoir was the 6th lineman at times. They had a fine game.

The offense was great throughout the game. I believe they played against a team who allowed the fewest points in the AFC. Mathis and Freeney are among the very best. Vollmer did great WITH HELP. Kaczur did get beaten by Mathis several times when he didn't have help. However, the bottom line is that the offense line (and the offense as a whole) was very, very good.

THE DEFENSE
What are we supposed to say? Are we to be proud that they held Manning to only 35 points? Belichick well understood the likelihood of Manning scoring from 30 yards or 80 yards with 2 minutes to go.

And just BTW, it is a bit difficulty playing DL without Warren and Green and Banta-Cain.

Anyone think Seymour would have made a difference?

Don't forget Neal went out with a head injury.

Seymour would have made a difference as would Warren. Our DL was spent come the 4th quarter

I can't wait for the Vollmer bandwagon.......

at least I know talent....... I was all over this guy from the start of the season.

It is the only positive of this game..... Vollmer is a beast.

No kudos to our defense. In the fouth quarter where we had a 17 point lead, they couldn't stop the Colts. Reality says they played horibly and is overated by a lot of us in this forum.

Seymour would have made a difference as would Warren. Our DL was spent come the 4th quarter

This is the first time all season that I felt our DL really let us down at the end, and that our lack of depth hurt us. A DL of Wilfork, Wright, Pryor, Brace and Burgess just was not adequate by the 4th quarter.

Nope,

With Warren going out, at least if we had seymour not only does this give us an extra body on the DL, it keeps Wilfork at the nose where he clogs the middle instead of playing him at NT and DE.

Kazur played awful, I agree. I would like to see the Pats move Vollmer to RT when Light comes back. Vollmer is a stud.

As a colts fan I would have to say no way. I would imagine LT is Vollmer's job to lose from now on. I'm really impressed with this guy.

Yeah Vollmer stays at LT, Light goes to RT

Sorry but if we move Sea Bass to RT, the problems that Mathis caused tonight will be worse with Freeney attacking Brady's blind side

As a colts fan I would have to say no way. I would imagine LT is Vollmer's job to lose from now on. I'm really impressed with this guy.

Thank god for someone with reason.

Vollmer looks like a franchise LT and a future pro bowler at the position. Moving him to RT makes no sense. As you say, it's his job to loose right now.

What we need is to draft a comparable physical RT who won't get run over or pushed around. I understand that the Colts have 2 excellent speed rushers and that it's hard to stop both, but there was at least one play where 240# Robert Mathis just bull rushed 305# Nick Kaczur back into Tom Brady, resulting in a critical incomplete pass on 3rd down. That's not excusable to me.

Yeah Vollmer stays at LT, Light goes to RT

Sorry but if we move Sea Bass to RT, the problems that Mathis caused tonight will be worse with Freeney attacking Brady's blind side

I agree.... Vollmer will be at LT for the next 10 years.
Let's move Light to RT & Kaczur a backup.

Vollmer looks like a franchise LT and a future pro bowler at the position. Moving him to RT makes no sense. As you say, it's his job to loose right now.

What we need is to draft a comparable physical RT who won't get run over or pushed around. I understand that the Colts have 2 excellent speed rushers and that it's hard to stop both, but there was at least one play where 240# Robert Mathis just bull rushed 305# Nick Kaczur back into Tom Brady, resulting in a critical incomplete pass on 3rd down. That's not excusable to me.

That happened because the play before mathis burnt Kazcur to the outside and hit brady for a fumble. You could see Kaczur cheating to the outside expecting Mathis to do a speed rush, he was caught off guard with the bull rush. Anyway, it was inexcusable and we definitely need an upgrade at RT,whether thats light or someone else.

I agree.... Vollmer will be at LT for the next 10 years.
Let's move Light to RT & Kaczur a backup.

Thats fine, I completely agree with what everyone said. Just get Kazur out of there.

Moving Light to RT could be an option for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes